• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RTX 4090 PCIe 2.0 vs PCIe 3.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not at all surprised it's neutered. A 4.0/5.0 slot yields about 25M+ in Windows.

Get that thing in a proper board! :rock:

Last edited:
20M is about as much as I had on RTX4080. 17M is about as much as I had on RTX4080 with a lowered TDP to 200W.

Getting one mobo with 2x PCIE 4.0 x8 and using both cards on one mobo can be a good idea. I don't remember the requirements for CPUs to support each GPU without a performance hit (1 or 2 dedicated cores?, for RTX4090 can be more), but I guess you can find something quite cheap that will be fast enough. Getting ~10M PPD more by switching a mobo is quite a difference ... like adding an RTX4070.

20M is about as much as I had on RTX4080. 17M is about as much as I had on RTX4080 with a lowered TDP to 200W.

Getting one mobo with 2x PCIE 4.0 x8 and using both cards on one mobo can be a good idea. I don't remember the requirements for CPUs to support each GPU without a performance hit (1 or 2 dedicated cores?, for RTX4090 can be more), but I guess you can find something quite cheap that will be fast enough. Getting ~10M PPD more by switching a mobo is quite a difference ... like adding an RTX4070.
Would add another 10 mill PPD....on Linux. Each of them...

It seems my internet was down for about 3 hours from 3:00am to 6:00am because I have no points for 6:00am update but I did get 84million last night :)
I had a zero 3hr window this morning at 12AM… but I attribute that to possibly all GPUs busy during that period given there is a chance they all started a 3-4 hr WU during that window of calculation and nothing to turn in 🤷‍♂️

Possible but in my case I have 11 GPU's running so I find it hard to think would be a lull in the return :)

I am running a 4090 with Windows 11.

Screenshot 2024-03-09 140927.png

While this screenshot shows a Points Per Day number of 25412550, that number changes about every five seconds.
This 18219 WU is one of the better ones for points for me.

Back