• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running Tualatin on CuMine MB w/o Powerleap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
belinassu said:
it's too late for me to connect AK4 ti AK26
because AK4 pin doesn't exist any more...:(

for the vid trick maybe my mobo is different from the Via Chipset ones

infact connecting Vid2 and Vid4 to Vss I'll get 1,65V not 1,5V

reading Intel's datasheets it seems that the Vid pin are connected

internally...but it's easy to misundertand for me

...my english iss poor too....i'm Italian......:confused:

Yeah that guy over at mad onion is probably screwing some people when he tells them to simply rip out the AK4 other pins. Seems like the peoplein Taiwan knew what they were talking about. If it makes it more stable then that must be why they connect them:rolleyes: Who wants a unstable machine.

Ok... now im confused... theres about 3? ways to this? and no one has tried it with a p3-s yet... ill wait before i do anything wrong.:D

EBC stated "i found C 1GA five voltage pin not even one connect to Vss inside cpu"

I took the same measurement on a brand new C1.2a. And all five of the VID pins are ~3.2K Ohm respect to Vss. I was expecting VDI0 and VID1 are internally shorted to vss.

Now I'm really confuse!

BoYRaCeR said:
Ok... now im confused... theres about 3? ways to this? and no one has tried it with a p3-s yet... ill wait before i do anything wrong.:D

I tried it with a PIII tualatin, did not work for me but it could be the MOBO or slocket.

I thjink you CAN still connect AK4 to A26, although you broke out the pin AK4.

Every pin has a connection to the CPU at the ponit where it is soldered to the CPU, so just take "conductive silver lacquer" for example and connect the two "pins".

Celemine1Gig said:
I thjink you CAN still connect AK4 to A26, although you broke out the pin AK4.

Every pin has a connection to the CPU at the ponit where it is soldered to the CPU, so just take "conductive silver lacquer" for example and connect the two "pins".

mmm very very interesting , i never thought about this opportunity!
But where could i find a similar product?

wirehead said:
EBC stated "i found C 1GA five voltage pin not even one connect to Vss inside cpu"

I took the same measurement on a brand new C1.2a. And all five of the VID pins are ~3.2K Ohm respect to Vss. I was expecting VDI0 and VID1 are internally shorted to vss.

Now I'm really confuse!

It's strange, another man from taiwan oc forum also measure the C 1GA CPU five voltage pin,the result is same to me,at first,I aslo regard the Vid0 and Vid1 had been connect to Vss in cpu internal, I suggest only connect Vid25mv(vid4) to Vss so can get 1.45v voltage,but in fact,some people only get 1.3v voltage,and the measurement result explain the reason. my cpu model is SL5VP(OEM), made in malay.there,several man don't connect Vid25mv(Vid4) to Vss and get 2.0v voltage and even higher,because quite a few mobo not connect Vid25mv(vid4) to Vss.for my poor english, i can't explain more detailed.

Since people here are trying to do the mod without connecting AK4 and AK26, I decided to try it.
When I first turn on the comp, it boots up but froze when trys to boot winxp. So I turn it off and then on again. This time, winxp boots with no problem. The first thing I did was try to run 3dmark2001SE. It froze before the first benchmark even started. After that, I didn't want to mess with it anymore and put the wire that connects AK4 to AK26 back in. System is now running fine with no problems.
By not connect AK4 and AK26, it made my system less stable. Maybe if I reinstalled windows it would fix the instablility problem, but then again, I didn't need to do that if I connected the pins.

Good to see that you got it to work dpl1111.
What speed are you at, you beat the 2gig P4?:D
Mines only does 1350. Can't even do 1400 at 1.9v:( But $54 for a 1350 cpu ain't bad.

mikyseee said:
Good to see that you got it to work dpl1111.
What speed are you at, you beat the 2gig P4?:D
Mines only does 1350. Can't even do 1400 at 1.9v:( But $54 for a 1350 cpu ain't bad.

I'm running at 1466MHz(11x133), [email protected]. For now, I wanna see how high this BE6-II can go, because I know my chip did 1.6GHz on the ST6-Raid Mobo. I'll let it crunch SETi@Home for a while and if it's stable I'll up the fsb.

Hey 2 people posted links to my thread at madonion cool. Ok first of all i am currently running my Tualatin 1.2G Celeron at 1632mhz on an ASUS CUSL2-C as i'm typing this. Also tested it on my ABIT BX-133 RAID mobo. It benches better than my TUSL2-C mobo and O/C's the same. Runs 3dmark2k1SE flawlessly. I didn't even format C: My method was slightly different. This is still experimental. It's not gonna work on all mobos. Maybe i'm just lucky. Who knows. I say if it don't work your way or should i say ebc's way then try it my way. In Order Que Depth works fine too. I think if we keep working at it we'll get a Tualatin to work in damn near any mobo made within the last 2 years. If i had anymore socket 370 mobos i would try them as well. Some of the problem might be BIOS related. A lot of theese mobos weren't designed to run above 1G. May be the VRM chip or capacitors for Vcore of quite a few other things. I'm hoping to get a list going of which mobos work flawlessly doing theese mods. My next test i'll see if i can break my 3dmark2k1SE benching speed of 1872mhz with this 1.2G Tualatin on my BX mobo. Damn wouldn't that be sweet. LOL beat my Celeron :D

Tualatin on BX mobo 3dmark2k1se score

Tualatin on a CUSL2-C 3dmark2k1se score

Man i love this sheit :D

Do you know if a P3-S will work with the same mod? I have a Black Pearl... do you think a 1.26Ghz maybe overclocked to 1.5 will be worth it over my current setup? Thanks.:D

/me looks at BE6-II running P3 [email protected]@1.9V in an iwill slocket with Vcore adjustments

/me looks at one of 2 tualatin celerons sitting in wait of a tualatin-based board

/me looks at a separate Abit slotketIII sitting idly on the shelf

confused2.gif

1+1+1 = 1 old yet still powerful machine!! ;)

thank you, guys!
icon14.gif

MacRoly said:
to doer:

It`s a 4 years old 230W PSU:

+5 2.2A
+12 8A
-5 0.5A
-12 0.5A
+3.3 14A
+5SB 0.1A

That looks pretty underpowered...

my 1st PSU w/ cel1,2@1,6Ghz (1,825V) w/ PL-adapter was 250W, 2-3 y old w/ ratings:

+5 20A
+12 10A
-5 0,5A
-12 0,5A
+3.3 20A
+5SB 1,0A
+5 & +3,3 combined 125W

it dropped another hdd of my raid-1 arrays off: didn't work good enough (but I had no problem when running 1,2Ghz w/ that PSU)

my 2nd PSU w/ same combo works fine and is 300W w/ ratings:

+5 30A
+12 15A
-5 0,3A
-12 0,8A
+3,3 28A
+5SB 2A
+5 & +3,3 combined 220W
+3.3, +5V +12V = 279W

1st I didn't believe when Ol'man said that one may need a powerfull PSU to run those overclocked tualatins. But when I continued to have problems w/ my oc:ed system, I decided to change my PSU to a more powerfull version. And I think it solved my raid-array dropping problem.

i've got some conductuve paint , now i'm going to
link the ak4 pin to the ak26 with a sting making a thin
conductive track....

i hope been lucky!

Back