• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 1600X LN2 results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Well this one didn't go as fast as I was hoping. It still topped out around 5.2 GHz but one thing it had going for it was a better ram speed. Typically the IMc HAS A cb AND LIMITS RAM TO 2900 OR LES. i MANAGED 32-3300 ON THIS ONE AND IT REALLY HELPED IN A COUPLE OF BENCHES. sORT OF MADE UP FOR THE LACK OF SPEED. This took two days, yesterday I was doing well and almost took first WW in CB 11.5, while pushing for that next .02 pts the system just up and quit. I assumed water but no that wasn't it. Took it out today started it up and the BIOS flashback was stuck in a loop. It was actually flashing a BIOS if you had one on a stick in the right slot. Eventually I got into the BIOS by holding the power button while turning on the PSU. Still I couldn't get rid of the flashing BIOS light. I let it sit for a couple hours without the battery and power AGAIN but this time when I powered it up it worked just like normal. I then managed to get another 2nd place this time in geek bench Multicore. It's surprising how well these do in some benches compared to the Intels

Here's the hilights

http://hwbot.org/submission/3562142_

image_id_1849340.png

http://hwbot.org/submission/3561220_

image_id_1848695.png

Yeah, them buggers been benching the NEW Intel already 7800X and I've dropped down to third....:censored:

Name of the game brah

Just wait for thread ripper. Just saw that new Crosshair board for X399. Damn.

Am I the only one who hears "Threadripper" in the voice of a James Bond villain when I read it? "Threadrip-ah, Mr. Bond! Say Goodbye to your little Blue chip! BWAHAHAHAHA!". Or something like that. LOL

Yeah it's a sweet looking board and no Alaric you're not alone. I had the same thoughts, pictured some big hulk like thing

Nice scores man! Yeah I'm almost tempted to wait it out at this point, but i might as well bench what i got. Really starting to get expensive this hobby.

Nice scores man! Yeah I'm almost tempted to wait it out at this point, but i might as well bench what i got. Really starting to get expensive this hobby.

Starting?? :rofl:

I know, I'm trying to scrape enough together for a 1080Ti KPE

Soon Rod, soon. I hope anyway or it'll be into the next GPU launch

Hell, yeah... Had to put benching on hold for a while. Can't afford to buy/burn hardware ATM!

Back