• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 1700 4.0 - Could I get more?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrokenBladez

Registered
Only ran Prime95 for a half hour, so I may not be "rock solid".

I have Gigabyte Aorus X370 K7.

Vcore - 1.375v
Vcore SOC - 1.2v
CPU VDD18 - 1.920v
LLC - "Turbo" (Whatever Turbo means, heh)

Highest Vcore I saw was 1.416v. Is that an average amount of variation from the vcore with LLC enabled?
Temps after that half hour were 68-69c

Is there a chance I could hit 4.1? Worth it?

See here for HWmonitor, CPUZ, and p95-

show us your Ram Timings and which Ram you have.

View attachment 194410

New to this forum, and could not find an attach option for the life of me, so here's an upload - .

I think I'm going to give it a shot today. Why not?

Also, if anyone can tell me exactly what Vcore SOC, CPU VDD18, and CPU VDDP are... appreciated. Oh, and VAXG Load Line Calibration for extra credit.

Thanks!

I don't think it's worth it. I am having difficulty even at 3.9GHz. Without LLC, it is not stable. With LLC, it is too hot and weird temp readings (like 50-60°C at idle). I should play with settings a little bit more.

Most Ryzens can hit 3.8
Less can hit 3.9
Few can hit 4
Almost none can run 4+

I would find a Nice stable voltage for 3.8-3.9 and be happy with they Multi core Machine that you have =)

for me with very good water cooling, and lots of power on a prime x370, but its not stable to bench.

Capture4.PNG

Last edited:
Are you running the latest BIOS from ASrock. I know the Tiachi has LLC ...... I think you will need to set it to Level 1 or 2 depending on how much v droop you have

Try this and add a little voltage to the ram

View attachment 194437

this is my 24/7 timing at stock, stable and fast

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. The next thing I'm looking at is overclocking memory - is it possible to go above 3200? I've read 3200 itself is usually a pain (I just used XMP).

- - - Updated - - -

Most Ryzens can hit 3.8
Less can hit 3.9
Few can hit 4
Almost none can run 4+

I would find a Nice stable voltage for 3.8-3.9 and be happy with they Multi core Machine that you have =)

I actually had to go to 1.4 volts to run P95 for hours. I think that's a fine stable voltage yeah? I def got at least a little lucky with this chip - which I'm glad, as theyu price dropped the 1700x to the same price 3 days after I ordered this... I was no happy, lol.
for me with very good water cooling, and lots of power on a prime x370, but its not stable to benching.

View attachment 194441

Isn't the voltage going to kill the CPU in "awhile"? Nice OC though, I wasn't stable @4.1 ar 1.475 and I wasn't going higher than that.

yes !!! that why I do not run over 3.9 24/7. I got the ram stable and tight and keep cpu stock.

- - - Updated - - -

bassnut its a Asus Prime x370 and that all that MB has.

Last edited:
yes !!! that why I do not run over 3.9 27/7. I got the ram stable and tight and keep cpu stock.

- - - Updated - - -

1.4v with LLC pushing it 1.428 at moments is a fine voltage for 24/7 yeah? Voltage at idle drops to 1.38-1.392.

yes !!! that why I do not run over 3.9 24/7. I got the ram stable and tight and keep cpu stock.

- - - Updated - - -

Dam was looking at the wrong signature......:eek:

New to this forum, and could not find an attach option for the life of me, so here's an upload - .

I think I'm going to give it a shot today. Why not?

Also, if anyone can tell me exactly what Vcore SOC, CPU VDD18, and CPU VDDP are... appreciated. Oh, and VAXG Load Line Calibration for extra credit.

Thanks!

VCore SOC-- on die PCH voltage. Usually good between 1.0V and 1.1V for 3200 ram speed.
CPU VDD18-- looks like PLL voltage. SHould be fine on auto
CPU VDDP-- helps with IMC stabilization. Should be good on auto unless pushing higher speed ram the up to 1.2V max
VAXG LLC-- must be a Gigabyte thing. I would guess it's for the integrated graphics on the AMD APUs which should be releasing soon.

Bassnut on my Asrock Taichi x370 I run the LLC on level 3 for 24/7, but for benching on level 1 . But I use CPUID HW Monitor to also check voltage and offset for droop.

Oh Bios 320

Last edited:
VCore SOC-- on die PCH voltage. Usually good between 1.0V and 1.1V for 3200 ram speed.
CPU VDD18-- looks like PLL voltage. SHould be fine on auto
CPU VDDP-- helps with IMC stabilization. Should be good on auto unless pushing higher speed ram the up to 1.2V max
VAXG LLC-- must be a Gigabyte thing. I would guess it's for the integrated graphics on the AMD APUs which should be releasing soon.

Thanks! The gigabyte overlcock guide they provided was a bit sketchy on voltages. Up to 1.5v with "turbo" LLC. My cpu is at 1.3925v and with turbo LLC I've seen it pull 1.452. Normally the max I see is 1.428, not sure when that voltage happened, but HW monitor picked it up. I'm considering downlcocking to 3.9 because of that. That said, even on max stress tests max temp is 70ish C. That voltage just scares me a bit.

They also suggest up to 1.35 Vcore SOC, up to 2.1 CPUVDD18, and up to .2v CPU VDDP. Its nice to know what these things are so I don't unnecessarily turn up voltages.

Those recommended voltages sound like maximums to me. Your core voltage is fine as it is. AMD recommends a maximum of 1.45V and you're still under that limit.

Back