• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 1600x OC Settings help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Southpawjoe

Registered
Saw some settings in the bios that are kinda new to me and looking to push to 4.0 or 4.1 if possible. Was wondering what to do with these settings.

1. PSS Support: ENABLED
2. NX Mode: ENABLED
3. SMT Mode: AUTO
4. Core Leveling Mode: AUTOMATIC MODE

These are what they are by default, should any of these be disabled for higher overclocking?

Edit: Also pretty confused which program is most accurate. I use CPUZ and Ryzen Master to check on speeds and voltages. CPUZ shows my cpu voltage between 1.37 to 1.39 and Ryzen Master shows my voltage pegged at 1.4375. How can they be so vastly different? In the bios I set the voltage to 1.39.

My Rig:

AMD 5 Ryzen 1600x
Asus Prime x370 Pro
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000
Windows 10 64bit
Hyper 212 LED Turbo- Red
EVGA 850w G2L PS

Last edited:
I'm no help on your BIOS questions, but if you're looking for the ragged edge (and 4.1 seems to be it for Ryzen chips), you want to check voltage with a VOM. Software readings are just one coder's interpretation of sensor data. A good meter will tell a lot more accurately what the real voltage numbers are.

Last edited:
Ryzen master is doing no one any favors. Get rid of it imo; I've read up on system instability issues. For me, overclocking my ram was impossible to do with ryzen master installed! Once i removed it, bumped up to 2933 with no fuss.

Ryzen master is doing no one any favors. Get rid of it imo; I've read up on system instability issues. For me, overclocking my ram was impossible to do with ryzen master installed! Once i removed it, bumped up to 2933 with no fuss.

Must just be luck of the draw. Im sitting at 4ghz and 3200hz on my ram and its rock solid.

PSS is Performance State so Cool & Quiet if you want your PC to cycle down when not under load leave it enabled.
NX is no execute to prevent certain types of code from running on your CPU leave it on
SMT is the simultaneous multi-threading leave it as is.
Leave core leveling on auto as well

PSS is Performance State so Cool & Quiet if you want your PC to cycle down when not under load leave it enabled.
NX is no execute to prevent certain types of code from running on your CPU leave it on
SMT is the simultaneous multi-threading leave it as is.
Leave core leveling on auto as well

Thanks for the info!

Back