• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

figuz89

Registered
Hello, I'm new to the forums and I am hoping to get some help with my overclocking of 3600.

I used a guide on youtube for Ryzen Master that I used to lower my voltage to 1,2 and set all core speeds to 4,2 ghz.
This decreased my temps about 10-15 degrees and made me score 500+/- more in 3dmark.

However every time I log into windows my settings get reset, and I have to reopen Ryzen master.

I have a Asus ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming Socket AM4 motherboard, and I am not very experienced in BIOS overclocking. How do I replicate these settings in BIOS?
Thanks a lot for the advice.

A little dated by still most things apply: https://www.overclockers.com/amd-ryzen-overclocking-guide/

Also, google: "How to overclock the Ryzen 3000" or something like that.

In bios, I think basically all you have to do is manually change the CPU multiplier and the voltage to the values you are using in RyzenMaster. That's only two items. 4.2 should not require a lot of tweaking.

Thanks for the reply. My only question is what is the voltage in bios named that configueres the same value as in ryzen master? My volt never goes higher than 1.2, and its perfectly stable at 4.2 with Max temp of 62 in long hours of gaming with noctua 12s

should be vcore or cpu core voltage, or something of that sort. If you list the voltages in the bios we can definitely tell you which one.

figuz89, could you try posting the pics with the "Go Advanced" post reply function instead of quick reply?

Edit; posted photos the wrong way, look below.

Attachments

• IMG-7201.jpg
    IMG-7201.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 774
Last edited:
I can see the BIOS image that was inserted as an attachment, but not the links.

So because its set to auto it hoveres around 1.4+ v in bios? Just set clock multiplier to 42 and change vddr cpu volt to 1.2?

You won't necessarily see the same voltage values in your Windows reporting software as you do in bios for a number of reasons. Two of the major ones are vdrop and vdroop.

You might also tweak the LLC (Load Line Calibration) parameter in bios if you have one.

So i changed my vddcr cpu voltage to 1.2 in manual mode and clock multiplier to 42. Now in windows it show 1,1 as maximum voltage on cpu.

Will run 3dmark to compare results, but how can this be? Is the vddcr SOC voltage interfering? I see this is set to auto and it shows 1,1.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

The voltage of 1.1 peak did not make a difference in 3dmark score, also the cputest was unchanged. Should I bother with increasing my voltage?

The voltage only affects stability and temperatures, not performance, except that lower temps can keep one higher in the turbo mode range for longer. But make sure with lower voltages you stress test thoroughly.

Last edited:
^this.

The goal is to find the lowest voltage for a stable system.

Lower voltage gives lower temps which allow higher boost.... To some extent!

Thanks for the replies, I will try some long gaming sessions to test stability.

There are tools made specifically for stability testing. Try OCCT or Realbench.

Back