• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 3 1200 wont boot on any 3.9mhz settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davepot02

I managed to have a stable (at least for what I can see , did some stress test as per what Ive researched) Now I am @ 3.8mhz + 1.28voltage stable. I can post 3.8 @ 1.20 so I tried to reach 3.9mhz since I thought I still have a lot of room for my voltage if needed. Unfortunately I CANNOT post ANY 3.9mhz settings from 1.2 - 1.45! Am I missing something here? Is that how bad I lost the silicon lottery?

Specs:
R3 1200
MSI VDH-PRO B350m
750Ti
klev 4GB x 2 2400mhz

1st things 1st it’s GHz not MHz.

Secondly there are a number of other settings that could be used that may help you. I don’t know the motherboard so cannot help you there. Google may help you.

Thirdly what speed do you have your ram set at? I have had to manually set my ram speed to get the cpu speed to be stable.

Fourthly, the cpu may just not be capable of 3.9, and yes I know you seem to have reached 3.8 easily with low voltage but ryzen CPU’s need massive power requirements to just get that extra 0.1 GHz and it often isn’t worth the extra effort or power.

Sorry for those newb mistake. It was late at 3am in my place when I posted it, I even wrote my mobo's name incorrectly LOL. My ram speed is only 2400 , never touched it yet since I just wanted to atleast get a post on a 3.9ghz. My mobo is MSI B350M PRO-VDH https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B350M-PRO-VDH/Specification thanks for spending time replying to my thread. Happy holidays man.

I managed to get my Ryzen 3 1200 to 4.0ghz on the MSI B350m Gaming Pro, I increased the nb_soc voltage to do so. I changed it from auto to 1.2v and was have a seemingly stable overclock. Try that? My research indicates that 1.2v is the max you want to go on this setting, i'm going to start lowering the value by 0.1v increments over the coming days.

check out this video of a tech/engineer at AMD's headquarters giving advice on overclocking Ryzen
He advises going no higher than 1.425v for vcore and 1.2v for soc
Its a bit confusing because he says don't bother with nb voltage, but in the MSI bios nb and soc are combined as a setting.

it sounds to me like you did well getting yours to 3.8 at stock voltage. I've had to up my vcore substantially to get stable performance. I put an inexpensive AIO liquid cooler that I got for $40CAD and the temps aren't high, around 63C under heavy stress/stability testing, mind you in a colder room.

I'm a neophyte when it comes to Ryzen and overclocking in general so take my advice with a heavy dose of skepticism :)

Back