• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 3 1300x - First time OC using Ryzen Master

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roketteere

Hey guys, my first build and my first OC or anything related to HW pretty much.
I have been trying to OC my R3 1300x and have been reading about max clock being 4GHz with 1.4v or 1.45v being the safest and highest. At least this is what i am understanding from the reading I have been doing. I think I did this right using Ryzen Master. I do see that some recommend using RMas and some say to do the OC right from the motherboard. Well enough of me talking let me post the pictures to see if I am doing this right....

HW64_SystemSummary.png

HW64_Sensors Pic 4GHz 1.4v.png

RyzenMaster_4GHz 1.4v.png

Please be kind as this is all new to me.

Am I doing this correctly? What other things/steps/etc should I be taking or should have taken etc.

Thank you guys for your patience and help

Is it stable for you? Is it using the least voltage possible at a given clock? Then you are basically set.

Ok again I hope this is not a dumb question but how do I test for stability? Does stability mean if it doesnt crash im good or is there a specific way to test and read or view summary of some sort to see if my OCing is stable etc?

thanks again

THere are several tests one can run... Prime 95, Aida 64, OCCT, etc, are all stress tests. I suggest DL Aida64 and running its stress test.

But that is the general idea, yes, if it doesn't crash on you, then its stable.

OK thank you!

I will run a test using Aida64 and report back results. I am so glad I found this community you guys are freaking very helpful lol

I run prime95 it's free and compact don't take up much space.
I do a one hour run for stability running it over night is just a waste of energy and time. one hour is IMHO just fine anything more is just redundant.

Most of us would recommend 2 hr. Prime95 stress tests for everyday use computers to ensure long term stability of the overclock if you want to use Prime95 instead of AIDA64. If you are doing folding or some 24/7 intense task then run Prime95 for 8 hr. or more. Personally, I like OCCT because: 1. It stresses at about the same intensity as Prime95 but has some nice features like the ability to set the duration of the stress test and built-in temp and voltage monitors. It's also free.

i have read that it is best to run prime95 for at least eight hours. however i have not and probably won't c(=

2 hours is usually enough for gaming/web/24-7. 8h+ if you do video coding or important stuff.

Im a 4 hour guy...but dont leave much fat on the bone when it comes to voltage. :)

Last edited:
I have this bad boy now. Just have to get around to installing it lol. Not sure if I should OC it or not yet though

Ryzen 7 1700

3da79d1e094b26870c91dd4d8c2f0d9e.jpg

Back