• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 5 1600 3.7ghz @ 2.0 volts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediJo90

Registered
Ive been running prime95 blended for about 45 minutes now. Ryzen 5 1600 pushed to 3.7 @ 1.188/1.204 volts. It goes back and forth. Seems stable. This is on stock cooling and hasnt ryzen above 73° (haha see what I did there) :p. It was on auto voltage prior @ 3.7 and I think I might have reached a max of 77°, which is no biggy for prime 95. I was just screwing around and thought I'd drop the voltage a bit and see what happened. Well I've dropped 5° and it's just as stable. Both times p95 ran for 45 min to an hour. I was under the impression the ryzen chips needed a little more voltage than that for such an OC.

Ive been running prime95 blended for about 45 minutes now. Ryzen 5 1600 pushed to 3.7 @ 1.188/1.204 volts. It goes back and forth. Seems stable. This is on stock cooling and hasnt ryzen above 73° (haha see what I did there) :p. It was on auto voltage prior @ 3.7 and I think I might have reached a max of 77°, which is no biggy for prime 95. I was just screwing around and thought I'd drop the voltage a bit and see what happened. Well I've dropped 5° and it's just as stable. Both times p95 ran for 45 min to an hour. I was under the impression the ryzen chips needed a little more voltage than that for such an OC.
Relatively new to overclocking. Some experience with Intel, although not much. Definitely new to overclocking AMD, thats for sure.

That seems about right, the Ryzen you will find as you push up to 4.0GHz the voltage climbs very fast as well. Probably 1.4V+ and the CPU is about done at that speed.

That seems about right, the Ryzen you will find as you push up to 4.0GHz the voltage climbs very fast as well. Probably 1.4V+ and the CPU is about done at that speed.
Went for 3.8 at the same voltage. I lasted 5 minutes on blended. Pushed right to 1.3 volt @ 3.8 and was still stable after 6 hrs of p95, but it got really warm. Hit a max of 83°. Have parts on there way to finish my custom cooling loop, just to see how far I really can push it.

Back