• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 5 2600 Ram Tuning, How to set RAM to 3600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yaqy123

Hey,

So just a day ago i ordered a new kit of 4000mhz. The timings in the description are rated 19-21-21-41 but after some research they are actually 19-19-19-39. It is a samsung bdie ram kit. So i have a msi b450m mortar board and a ryzen 5 2600 cpu. So i am wondering how would i go about tuning this kit, i have intentions of running it at lower speeds around the 3500 mark (ryzen 5 cpu's are supposedly limited to about this range of ram speed) but with solid tighter timings maybe using dram calculator but im not super educated. Can anyone give any tips? The kit is the patriot viper blackout as in this link provided https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Viper-Blackout-DDR4-4000MHz/dp/B07TWJ42VQ .

I have the same CPU, x370 board but it's the CPU which typically has issues with memory running at a higher speed. I went for 3333 MHz CL14 1.4V and it's quite stable with B-die RAM.

my Ryzen.JPG

Those timings look great, what ram kit do you have and how did you approach the process of tightening. Is it good to start with dram calculator?

DRAM Calculator works sometimes and more likely with B_Die. I've had a lot of practice tuning RAM but it always takes a lot of patience and testing to finally get them stable. This is an older 3600 CL17-18-18 kit with RGB but it is Samsung and it pretty much always works about the same just some are higher binned than others. This should give you a good start just remember all systems are slightly different

ryzen mem 3333.JPG

You'll probably need some SOC voltage as well, 1.1v usually works but 1.2v is your max. My chip actually does okay at 1.02v reported for 3200MHz, but requires 1.2v to hit 3600MHz.

Back