• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen Woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amer1337

Hello,
I got a good deal on some ryzen parts but im having some trouble with freezing during prime95 tests. This has been frustrating to say the least. Was hoping one of you would be able to help as im at a dead end.
Parts:
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus b450f-gaming
t-force 3600mhz ddr4 2x16gb
lite-on m.2 sata ssd

The issue:
When running prime 95 (specifically the tests which stress memory, a small FFT test does not trigger this
system freezes for 1-15 seconds, and continues on
Also stutters while running memtest64

What have i done:
unplugged all extra components (hard drives)
reinstalled windows on known working ssd, both give stuttering issue
tested with each stick of memory separately, also tried different memory slots

DOCP has been tested both enabled/disabled. I believe i am at a limitation of my motherboard but the memory will not hit 3600mhz, max is 3533mhz.

Im not really sure what to try next other then return memory and purchase a set of g.skill 3200mhz memory. nothing microcenter carries by me seem to be on the QVL

Anyone have any ideas? I wouldnt be surprised if there was some bios setting im missing.

Could also try upping the SOC voltage which will might stabilize the IMC to run at 3600Mhz.

That did help get it to boot at 3600mhz, traded the tforce in for gskill 3200mhz which acts the exact same. stuttering on the large fft and blend, while being fine on small fft

Don't run large fft.

That one was never part of stress testing, really. Sml fft for cpu, blend for memory.

Back