• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Sabertooth 990FX LAN Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robbery525

Registered
I just recently upgraded my Mobo from a Biostar TA870u3+ to the Asus Sabertooth 990fx and it seems to be a decent improvement.

The drawback here is, although from the initial install it 'seems' to be working correctly except for the LAN. Windows7 detects the drivers and says it's operating correctly, but when attaching the ethernet cable, nothing happens.

the light for the port doesn't blink, windows doesn't recognize it, no network is found (obviously).

I really dont wanna have to go through an RMA process because those are such a pain. I risked getting the board despite 8-10% bad experiences from newegg reviewers. Does anyone have any ideas before I try for an rma?

grazi.

edit: If a mod see this, please move this to the appropriate Motherboard forum :)

Last edited:
Even though w7 says it installed correctly, have you tried re-installing it? Do you also know for sure that cable is good i.e it works with other computers?

I have tried reinstalling the drivers for it, and updated to the latest drivers with a usb drive.

I used the cord this morning before switching out the motherboard, so yes it works.

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/windowsnetworking/f/cableunplugged.htm

change the Link Speed and Duplex settings (using Device Manager) to use "100 Mbps Full Duplex" or "10 Mbps Full Duplex" instead of Auto Detect.

This fixed the problem!!!! for some reason it would not auto-detect the speed. It probably tried for 1Gb/s (was the max choice in drop-down). My Lan-over-Power kit probably didnt pass that immediate data through to the router and it couldnt auto-configure itself.

Setting it to 10 Mbps Full Duplex allowed immediate connection to internet.

Last edited:
Thank you for responding with the solved and also with the fix. Too many do neither. Thanks.

Never had net over the A/C wiring in the house, so no clues from me there. I bet it took a brainstorm to find that speed recognition and fix it. Congrats man.

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/windowsnetworking/f/cableunplugged.htm

This fixed the problem!!!! for some reason it would not auto-detect the speed. It probably tried for 1Gb/s (was the max choice in drop-down). My Lan-over-Power kit probably didnt pass that immediate data through to the router and it couldnt auto-configure itself.

Setting it to 10 Mbps Full Duplex allowed immediate connection to internet.

Well I found then link through google after about 3 hours of trying to fix the problem :)

And its a powerline-adapter kit I believe its called. Its really useful when you arent near to the router, and prefer a LAN connection. Plus, if you have multiple you can create subnetworks in your house. IE: Connect one to router, then 1 goes to computer, one goes to xbox, etc.

Back