• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Sabertooth 990FX Space Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bijiont

I know not many people probably have the 990FX or my siutation however I seem to be having some issues getting everything to fit in the PCIe region. . .

I am running 580 GTX in SLI watercooled with EK full cover blocks and I also use a Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty.

Here is the issue, if I insall the X-Fi card the 580's won't clear. . . now I know on board is decent enough, ect, ect but if at all possible I would prefer the Fatal1ty card.

Maybe this is a case of you can't have your cake and eat it too. . . If anyone has suggestions or have worked with similar board layouts let me know how you got around it.

Thanks.

-- I managed to get everything to fit by using the bottom two PCIe slots and reconfiguring the SLI setup so the bottom 580 connections are up rather than the traditional down. I literally have 1/16th of an inch in clearence. --

Sorry for the pointless thread

Last edited:
Back