• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is your choice. Do you need to boot from the Optical? If so, leave it in there, and first, yes. If you do not, leave it out of the boot sequence all together.
^^^This If you don't, already have the OS loaded you'll want to have the OD 1st, otherwise, I wouldn't even put it in the sequence. You can always just re-add it if you need to do so.

Ya set the OD for first boot device then and just let windows install. When done then switch boot order for your HDD/SSD whatever contains the OS to go first.

Since you guys are being so helpful, here is one more question. Should I update the bios before I load the OS? This board just came from asus and may have the newest boos on it, but I don't know. There is a way to update the bios with a flash drive without turning the system on, should I use that? Again thanks for the helpful advise.

I wouldn't bother unless you find you're having problems.

just installed 4 sticks and i had to reseat it a couple of times to get it all seated correctly on this board. just thought i'd give you a heads up, because it actually indicated 32GB in windows with 16GB "hardware reserved". it really threw me, i figured if it wasn't seated correctly it wouldn't be seen in windows at all.

Im using kingston

I am getting ready to order a ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX and I am asking if any of you guys have experience with choosing ram that is compatible. From what it looks like the board likes 9-9-9-24 timing but I was wondering if this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...yMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo Memory will work. Of give me other suggestions. thanks

Im using kingston plug n play 8 gb workin fine ddr3 1600
asus sabertooth 990fx r2 8350:rolleyes:

i've got a set of g.skill and kingston hyperx with an asus sabertooth 990fx mobo and an fx8320 processor. both work great

lookin good! good luck :)

Help! Well just a little. Everything is good and working well other than the hd is not showing up in Windows. It shows in bios, but not in the boot priority list. Ideas please

Ok guys I have some possible ram problems. Memtest says I have muliple errors and Im not sure what to do. I have set the Gskill sniper 16G ram set to the timing on the package 9-10-9-28 1.5 .is there anything I can do or is the ram bad? Please help, thanks!

Ok guys I have some possible ram problems. Memtest says I have muliple errors and Im not sure what to do. I have set the Gskill sniper 16G ram set to the timing on the package 9-10-9-28 1.5 .is there anything I can do or is the ram bad? Please help, thanks!

IF you post your ram setting from BIOS we may be able to help. Sometimes the lower setting get set too tight. Do you have the Dram voltage set correctly for the speed you're running?

oneeye please edit your signature so we know whats in the rig without having to scroll up. Do you have the Ram set in the D.O.C.P profile for 1866? What is your Cpu Nb Voltage and Frequency?

Here are my ram bios settings

Attachments

• 20131027_100647.jpg
    20131027_100647.jpg
    857.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20131027_100714.jpg
    20131027_100714.jpg
    934.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20131027_101456.jpg
    20131027_101456.jpg
    625.6 KB · Views: 38
oneeye, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I have a sneaking suspicion maybe you set your ram to 1866 speed without realizing this would overclock your processor and you have put your processor into a too-high unstable clock speed.

Can you scroll up from the last screenshot you posted and check your settings there? If you're not sure what they should be, feel free to take another pic and myself or someone else can help you find out if the settings are good or not.

oneeye, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I have a sneaking suspicion maybe you set your ram to 1866 speed without realizing this would overclock your processor and you have put your processor into a too-high unstable clock speed.
Setting you Ram to 1866 doesn't overclock the processor, unless it was done using the FSB.

I think setting the dram command rate to 2t fixed it. Memtest is running in 3 modules with no errors for a while now. before it would only run for a few minute and get a tone of errors. The Cpu is run at stock speeds of 4.0 as of now. Thanks guys, Ill let you know it doesnt work.

Back