• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What should the vcore be set at? Im having some vcore temp issues and was wondering if It I can change settings in bios to help lower the temps. I would assume that it is set to auto now. should it be a set value? I see that alot of others are having the same issue, but hopefully there is a better solution than "just put more air on it". thanks again for the help!

You'll need to do a bit of work with manual setting in the bios if you want to change the V_Core. What have you done if anything so far? Everything still on AUTO ?

I have just changed ram settings, nothing else. Will changing the voltage help lower the vcore temps? Let me know what I should change. I'm gone to work for today so no hurry.

1. When you run one of those mini-loops you have removed the air from the cpu socket. Air that overflows from an air cpu cooler. That happens to everyone.

2. There are some that have VRM heat issues and that can also come from the air flow that was there with an air type cpu cooler.

3. So just adding back the missing air flow which resulted from going to a mini-loop may in fact be the real answer.

All of that said it is best to test to see what really is going on. This is what we need to see for sure and a real good starting point.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS / "package" temps fully visible. Latest versions of HWMonitor show the CPU Core Temp as " a Package Temp" and is only shown as a single temp since there were never multple, individual core temp sensors anyway.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open and running on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

Here we Go! I removed The dust screen and the vcore temp wet down. MORE AIR!!! was right. Still check out what Ive got goen on. Here is about 30min Running Prime95. Thanks :attn:

Attachments

• CPU.PNG
    CPU.PNG
    37.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Memory.PNG
    Memory.PNG
    21.7 KB · Views: 38
  • SPD.PNG
    SPD.PNG
    24.2 KB · Views: 39
  • HW monitor.PNG
    HW monitor.PNG
    31.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Thermal Radar.PNG
    Thermal Radar.PNG
    54.7 KB · Views: 38
The temps look goo for stock clocks.

How is your GOO? I just found out my son spilled his container Goo on the carpet and it has long since dried. It's that stuff you can get with eyeballs or bugs or other boy things in it. It's a hard, flat, mass of shiny stuff that I can't loosen with my hands. Anyone know if this stuff is water based or will I need something else?

How is your GOO? I just found out my son spilled his container Goo on the carpet and it has long since dried. It's that stuff you can get with eyeballs or bugs or other boy things in it. It's a hard, flat, mass of shiny stuff that I can't loosen with my hands. Anyone know if this stuff is water based or will I need something else?

I think the goo is water soluble, but since it is dry already good luck.the other day my 2 year old daughter dumped her sisters nail polish all over her room. It is dry now so my only idea is to cut it out with scissors.you've got to love kids!

If you weren't just making fun of my typing skills . Try a wet towel or similar and leave it till it softens.

So I'm in Hawaii having new rig withdrawals. Nothing to tinker with, or mess up and then have to fix. Maybe this isn't So bad? Oh well

Back