• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth990fx memory timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

john1986

I have recently bought a new pc and now i got the memory working at 1600 mhz according to CPUID-Z but when i test it with Novabench i get far less speed then my friend who has another pc also 1600 mhz speed ram.

Why am i slower? i think i might not actually run on 1600 but less, is that possible? because the CPUID-Z programm tells me its 1600...

I got:

Motherboard: Sabertooth 990 FX r2.0
Processor : AMD FX-8350
MB-ram : Kingston PC3-10700 8gb per dimm.

PC3-10700 is not 1600, it is actually 1333.

wow that really sucks, i thought i did enough research for it to be 1600:bang head

well i guess i have to do it with this speed then... is there a way to overclock it to 1600 or is this asking for trouble.

well i guess i have to do it with this speed then... is there a way to overclock it to 1600 or is this asking for trouble.

That ram will run 1600 NP. See if it will do it on stock timings (entered manually) and give the ram a little extra voltage. You should be safe up to 1.65v for 800mhz, but I don't think you'll need that much imo.

Back