• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sad day, farm is down for the count

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Posidon42

Well it has been a great experiment, but I can no longer afford the electrical bills this farm is causing. So, as of a few hours ago, my farm is completely disassembled and sitting in boxes waiting for resale. I am going to try to sell them locally first and whatever I can't get rid of in the near future, I will pass on to you great people.

The electric bill isn't the only reason I am slowing down. I am tired of having to reboot my stupid wireless router every 12 hours because it can't keep up with all the connections, and I wanted the money to start on other projects. Rest assured, my main machine will still fold, but my daily count will plummet from now on.

Well im sure sorry to hear and i know your pain. Having once been a top ten producer at one time i know the electrical bill blues and its a tough thing to shut down. But choices must be made none the less. We surely appreciate all the dedication and hard work you've shown and one rig is a sure bit better than no rig. Good luck on your recoop

I'm sorry to hear that, too. I hope you can still fold on a couple. Post in the folding forum when you are thinking about putting them up for sale, I am very interested in one or more depending on the specs. Team 32 :attn:

Yeah, this is a hard thing for me to do as well. Thanks for all the compassion guys. :)

Sorry you had to let up on the gas pedal. I've been watching your headlights coming up real fast on my position. My power bill is over $120/mo with reletively cheap power and I'm sure the rigs are responsible for over 20%. Electric hot water is good for 50% so that's where I cut back first ;)

lol

and this is why i dont want to get my own hosue! so nice to have your company pay for your bills :D

send those rigs here! :D..lol

FizzledFiend said:
120 a motnh HAHA light wieghts..only 3 pcs in the house an dmy power is on average 150....Thats during the summer too.!

If you take that and double it, that would put you in the ballpark of what southern californians pay for electricy when we power fold. Like audio said, make cuts elsewhere :D I just bought my wife a front loader washer and dryer. 280 Kwh/year rating, uses 15 gallons of water per load, and the dryer is gas of course. Also bought her and energy efficient fridge. also there are flourescent bulbs all over the house! The thing to lower electricity on my end is to convert everything over to duals. Now im running three duallies and one single (to be retired by end of year also) The conversion alone has dropped power consumption by 30 % and running XP-m's at lower vcore also helps. With the changes, i got a shot again at top 20 producers. it sux being dethrowned but I shall return with a vengence :D

FizzledFiend said:
I was thinking more like the team could buy them for the Donate a rig thingy..LOL I am a broke bugger right now!

Sorry but we can't do that either at this time. We, as a team, don't have a strucured financial system of which to accumulate, store , and withdrawl funds from. It was brought up in the past, but there are just to many liability concerns to make something like that happen.

actually there are people accepting paypal donations for the AAR stuff. I think it could happen, but there isn't enough funds in that account for my stuff :)

Posidon42 said:
actually there are people accepting paypal donations for the AAR stuff. I think it could happen, but there isn't enough funds in that account for my stuff :)

pm me bro with a figure..maybe, just maybe

and shad up I know this ain't allowed :p

FizzledFiend said:
pm me bro with a figure..maybe, just maybe

and shad up I know this ain't allowed :p

Then why dont you send him a pm instead of doing what you already know as wrong? The forum rules exhist for a reason. Which makes me regret posting an option to circumvent them now as I see now the misjudgment i have made.

Sorry man......I know the pain of power bills, AS does MY wife :( ....to run my diskless layer costs $38.22/month then add my boxen farm $40..then add the dedicated pc room ac $84.79 = $163.01/month (late May thru late Sept) or $4.83/GHz to run 24/7/365...my total power bill per month in summertime is $300 so to fold 24/7 I farms 54.3% of the bill.....

I have a clamp on meter where I can check the actual wattage draws of my farms so that's where I get the breakdown........of course I haven;t told my wife of this breakdown, or I'd be in the same position as you posidon! :argue:

Hardcore! Hooah!

Paps

Back