• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sagging tube

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

This has been sagging down instead of running straight out of the fitting. I know its probably nothing but I just wanted to check in and see if there is a risk of leaks from it. Also the appearance bothers me but I'm not sure what (if anything) I can / should do about it. I considered suspending some fishing line from the graphics card WB to support the tubing, but not sure if placing extra weight on the card is a good idea. I also thought it could cause wear in the tubing over time since it's soft and warm and vibrations from the pump are translated through it.
IMG_20190302_114325.jpg

If you're sure the tube is cut square and is mounted flush inside the fitting it should be fine. It does not look like it is as it looks to be more than just sag from that picture. I would try re-seating it into the fitting.

If it is in fact just sag and the tubing is properly secured then there is no more chance of it leaking than any other suspended tube.

Actually, looking a little closer at the picture it could also be the bend at the end for the GPU causing this. A longer 90° fitting coming of the GPU could also be beneficial here.

EDIT: Or eliminate the bend all together and add an additional 90° fitting at the end of the GPU.

Thanks for the tips Blaylock. I found some pictures from when it was first setup, and it doesn't appear to have actually changed from when I did my leak testing in January.
IMG_20190123_123818.jpg

And here is one showing the tubing on the barb, before the fitting is placed
IMG_20190115_121923.jpg

Yeah you're fine... but it's watercooling passion so OCD takes over lol

Agreed that you are fine. The picture showing the full layout was key. I'd leave it just as it is as you have nice slow bends which make it better.

Lol thanks guys, I could have sworn it was sagging more over time. Too bad I didn't just look at the first pics before making a thread. :screwy:

Cut the tube a little shorter

simply sagging a little due the the weight

Putting more tension on it will limit the sagging

Any shorter and it will contact the edge of the GPU waterblock. I think I'm just going to leave it for now.

Perhaps for kicks take the time to drain it, put in a longer tube that goes around the power cables for a bigger loop? I actually think that it would look better w/ a longer well rounded tube.

I tried it around the power and like this better. Maybe a 45* fitting would change that, but otherwise I don't know.

@1pqlamz, in hindsight I could have done that, but it was my first build and was a little intimidated by the process. Overall I'm really happy with it and the appearance. I was more concerned for a change from the original orientation, seeing that it is unchanged I'm completely satisfied with the amount of sag :D

Once you have got into hard tubing, you will never go back simply coz it looks so much better. Soft tubes sags, and gets cloudy over time. The biggest barrier to get into hardline is buying the equipments you need, a heat gun is definitely needed, tubes aren't that expensive. So definitely give it a shot on your next build :)

Back