• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

same old AX-7 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NismoGTR

Hi,

Ive read this question about 100 times, but cant seem to find it now, so can someone please point me in the right direction or give me a hand.

With standard hsf, I was getting 46.5 idle, case temp was 28 plus one fan as exhaust (80mm crappy coolmaster fan).
Just slapped the AX-7 with 80mm sunon on, and am idling at 37.5, and case temp is still 28*C.
I used some AS3, but didnt lap the hs..
Also replaced the coolmaster with a 80mm sunon fan as exhaust.

Should the fan on the AX-7 be sucking or blowing?
And
Does my temps sound about right? or have I done something wrong? I thought my Case temp would decrease aswell because of the more powerful sunon as the exhaust.
Any advice appreciated..

Thanks
NismoGTR
:burn:

I had the same experience, without fresh air coming in there is no way you are going to enjoy the performance of AX-7.
The front intake may help, but it depends on your case, mine front intake is terrible, blowholes in the side was the answer.

Hi,

Yeh, I aint got no front intake.
I think thats the problem.
Im gonna cut the case up at the weekend, and see what happens with the front air vent.
If that dont help then im gonna make the side duct.

Wierd thing is though, My case temp has gone UP from 28 to 30 at idle?? And CPU has shifted from 37.5 to 39?
now Im really confused. :confused:

Anyways, thanks for the responses.

NismoGTR
:burn:

Back