• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

So my Samsung 840 Evo had just barely been out of warranty when it failed. I contacted Samsung not expecting a favorable experience since the SSD was out of warranty. The representative apologized for my troubles and said he couldnt help me any more. Just before I hung up the phone he caught me and suggested I contact the Samsung Memory Team about this. I called and spoke to a supervisor on that team and he asked me to e-mail his team and tell them what happened. It seemed at first like he was just passing the buck with that suggestion, but I wrote that e-mail to them anyway. A week later I got a response telling me that they would make a 1-time exception. They even paid for the UPS shipping label to send it back! Well, today I received a package....they had just gotten my SSD on Monday and they had already sent it back---or so I thought. I expected them to fix the drive and ship[ it back, or to replace it with a refurbush 840 Evo. I opened the package to find a brand new Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD!!! I just wanted to share my pleasant experience with Samsung because people need to know what a good company they are. Most companies probably wouldnt have honored the warranty if their products warranty had expired, but Samsung did, and I think thats commendable.

Every once-in-a-while a pleasant surprise happens when you courteously contact a company with an issue with one of their products. :thup:
Samsung deserves the recognition.

Good show Heat! :)

Just goes to show it never hurts to ask. The few times I've had to contact Samsung - back in college when the control panel on one of their TVs kept failing - they've always been nice and helpful

Kudos kudos!!:clap:

Not so pleasant experience with Asus. Phone keeps dripping network, Asus wanted me to pay $15 shipping, so they would look at it. Phone still under warranty. Phone is in the drawer now.

Went and bought samsung.:sly: sorry for AsusBash™.

Kudos kudos!!:clap:

Not so pleasant experience with Asus. Phone keeps dripping network, Asus wanted me to pay $15 shipping, so they would look at it. Phone still under warranty. Phone is in the drawer now.

Went and bought samsung.:sly: sorry for AsusBash™.

:D

I've had consistantly bad luck with Asus support myself and will still take the childish route and bash them when I can, but having the end user pay for RMA shipping, at least from you to the manufacturer, seems to be standard operating procedure for most companies. Not just Asus.

So my Samsung 840 Evo had just barely been out of warranty when it failed. I contacted Samsung not expecting a favorable experience since the SSD was out of warranty. The representative apologized for my troubles and said he couldnt help me any more. Just before I hung up the phone he caught me and suggested I contact the Samsung Memory Team about this. I called and spoke to a supervisor on that team and he asked me to e-mail his team and tell them what happened. It seemed at first like he was just passing the buck with that suggestion, but I wrote that e-mail to them anyway. A week later I got a response telling me that they would make a 1-time exception. They even paid for the UPS shipping label to send it back! Well, today I received a package....they had just gotten my SSD on Monday and they had already sent it back---or so I thought. I expected them to fix the drive and ship[ it back, or to replace it with a refurbush 840 Evo. I opened the package to find a brand new Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD!!! I just wanted to share my pleasant experience with Samsung because people need to know what a good company they are. Most companies probably wouldnt have honored the warranty if their products warranty had expired, but Samsung did, and I think thats commendable.
Always nice to hear when someone has a favorable outcome. :thup:

LOL...they sent me a dead drive!!!! Couldnt format no matter which way I tried. I'll keep you guys posted.

I opened the package to find a brand new Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD!!! I just wanted to share my pleasant experience with Samsung because people need to know what a good company they are. Most companies probably wouldnt have honored the warranty if their products warranty had expired, but Samsung did, and I think thats commendable.

Thanks! Good to see a company that believes that a positive customer experience = cha-ching!...big return in good will and future $$$.

I sent the Samsung 860 Evo back. They returned the drive today and it worked fine for them. So, I got another SATA cable and also changed to another SATA port and it works fine now. Thankfully I bought my first SSD from a reputable vendor who stands behind thei rproduct!

Back