• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandy Died :( Force upgraded to Haswell.. So happy with it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i was running my chip at 1.35V at 4.5ghz 24/7 basically. I rarely ever turn my PC off since SSD's have trouble with hibernate and standby.

I use to run my 2500k @ 4.5Ghz 24/7. Now its on 3-10 hours a day depending on my needs.

Though like to jump in on the SSD and hibernate/standby. That is dealing with a firmware issue on the mobo/ssd drives. I personally have had my 2x 128GB M4's running in Raid0 for as long as I've had them and have zero issue with hibernate (don't use it anymore) or standby. I could leave the PC in standby for days and come back and it would load up zero issues. So just something to look into ;)

Congrats on the 4.4ghz @ 1.2v. Should be a really good clocker. I didn't get completely lucky. The one in my rig (rig1) is a dog only getting 4.3 at 1.31. Just as my luck would have it, the one in the wifes is rock solid at 4.5 @ 1.29. I haven't done much other work on the wifes. Went with a quick dirty OC, and it booted to my surprise and been running 4 hrs of Intel XTU max temp of 75C. I have a feeling I can push that chip into 4.7-4.8 territory....just gotta swap the CPU between computers and get it on water.

I already did past couple of hours. :) I have some really high hopes. It booted, and I got 90 sec into stress testing with IETU before it BSOD with the chip at 4700 @1.29v. If anything it ran for 4 hours at 4.5 at 1.29

Back