• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandybridge Chipset Design Flaw and Recall- MUST READ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone here get an e-mail from Newegg regarding RMA's? I got one the other day saying I could replace mine if I'd like to and I replied that I would like to do a cross-ship RMA which was one of the options they provided. I didn't hear back from them yet though and it seems weird that they asked for a reply to that e-mail address instead of going through some form on their website or something. Has anyone gotten one of these e-mails and opted for the RMA and gotten a reply from Newegg yet?

I'm concerned that I didn't change the subject line like they asked and that I wont get an RMA which they are only giving me 7 days to respond to. If you can't tell I'm nervous about this whole thing because I doubted from day 1 of this issue that I would be able to cross-ship a replacement like this. I will be so relieved and happy if everything works out hassle and bug free.

If you email their Sandybridge RMA support, they will get back to you with a shipping label and refund/replacement option. They dont have the boards yet so I doubt they will setup a shipping label. I have RMA setup but Im waiting for the new boards to come in. Doing a refund on mine, and just going to order a new board as soon as they hit.

Anyone here get an e-mail from Newegg regarding RMA's? I got one the other day saying I could replace mine if I'd like to and I replied that I would like to do a cross-ship RMA which was one of the options they provided. I didn't hear back from them yet though and it seems weird that they asked for a reply to that e-mail address instead of going through some form on their website or something. Has anyone gotten one of these e-mails and opted for the RMA and gotten a reply from Newegg yet?

I'm concerned that I didn't change the subject line like they asked and that I wont get an RMA which they are only giving me 7 days to respond to. If you can't tell I'm nervous about this whole thing because I doubted from day 1 of this issue that I would be able to cross-ship a replacement like this. I will be so relieved and happy if everything works out hassle and bug free.

Did you try their chat service?

Hey guys I cant find the link to where I set up the exchange with Asus??

I seen it on here before but couldn't complete it because I didn't have my serial number,, now i got it and cant find the link. :(

EDIT: NVM I found it!
I just happened to check the news on asus' site. Seems as though the new motherboards are shipping in the next week.

Posted Feb 22
http://www.asus.com/News.aspx?N_ID=cqnNC5pGSATog5Pf

^^^ That should really be added to the first post!

Just call them.
I called them after waiting a scant two days after replying to the email, and they took care of that over the phone and had the board sent out the next day...

So given there are so many boards out....and minus ppl returning/exchangin boards would yall say this issue is pretty much resolved?

So given there are so many boards out....and minus ppl returning/exchangin boards would yall say this issue is pretty much resolved?
The issue was resolved when they found the solution. They just had to make the boards to get them out.

This really does **** me off. By choosing Intel, I bought a "superior" product which I expect to be of a high quality since I spent a lot of money for a small silicon wafer. Intel really don't have any excuse for this - their products are the most expensive in their respective field so one would expect them to be of the highest quality.

I bet the folks at AMD are laughing all the way to the bank.

This really does **** me off. By choosing Intel, I bought a "superior" product which I expect to be of a high quality since I spent a lot of money for a small silicon wafer. Intel really don't have any excuse for this - their products are the most expensive in their respective field so one would expect them to be of the highest quality.

I bet the folks at AMD are laughing all the way to the bank.
Thats one way to look at it. But mistakes happen to the best of them. And frankly this hardly affects anyone, and especially immediately. I dont see the big deal in this personally.

In fact, so far I have purchased 2 B2 boards since B3 is out. Thats how much I dont care about it.

Honestly, I think intel has done a great job dealing with the situation. The problem had been fixed pretty quickly, and The mobos came out faster than expected. I simply had to wait for new mobos to be released. Saturday morning I placed my order for an ASUS P8P67 deluxe.:attn:

Thats one way to look at it. But mistakes happen to the best of them. And frankly this hardly affects anyone, and especially immediately. I dont see the big deal in this personally.

In fact, so far I have purchased 2 B2 boards since B3 is out. Thats how much I dont care about it.

Really... who needs SATAII for benching :rolleyes:

:comp::comp:

When sata III is available, Nobody. When that degredation happens when Im using it, I'll report back.

People made waaaaaaaaaaay too much out of this issue.

When sata III is available, Nobody. When that degredation happens when Im using it, I'll report back.

People made waaaaaaaaaaay too much out of this issue.

It was an issue for the few of us who had a problem with our boards and couldnt readily get new ones. I had no issues w/ the SATA ports having a flaw and could be patient about that. I couldnt be patient about the cold boot issue and where it had gotten to the point of not booting unless I cleared CMOS (and even then it would sometimes have issues).

I must have missed that issue you had, and no doubt that would make this unrelated recall affect you.. that sucks.

All good now. I just ran P95 for an hour @ 4.8ghz without an hour. More testing to come :D First board out of the 3 to NOT BSOD on 4.8ghz. Gigabyte was initially stable then had major issues (I think bios corruption).

Back