• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sanity Check on Fans/Rads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

animalmom

Registered
HI,

I am building a new system on a 1000D case. I have an EKWB Distro plate in the front so no fans in front, I have a 140 triple Rad Push/Pull on the top (6 fans) and a 120m dual on the back (2 fans)

Given no front fans, should all the fans be putting air in? I imagine the top push pull should be pulling air in but what about the rear two fans?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Id be more concerned with airFLOW than I would with all intake and warmed air going into the chassis with nowhere to go out (or one on the rear).

Sure, your CPU temps (or anything attached to the loop) will be a couple of degrees C cooler with the coolest air hitting it, but I'd imagine you aren't after every degree possible.

I would intake the 3x 140s from the top and exhaust the 2x 120s from the rear. Anything else is uncivilized. (This is assuming you are water cooling the GPU and CPU.)

I would intake the 3x 140s from the top and exhaust the 2x 120s from the rear. Anything else is uncivilized. (This is assuming you are water cooling the GPU and CPU.)

Thanks, just noting that the 120s in rear go over a rad so they would push through the rad to the outside in this case.

Assume that is ok?

yes I am water cooling the CPU and the GPU

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Id be more concerned with airFLOW than I would with all intake and warmed air going into the chassis with nowhere to go out (or one on the rear).

Sure, your CPU temps (or anything attached to the loop) will be a couple of degrees C cooler with the coolest air hitting it, but I'd imagine you aren't after every degree possible.

Thanks - any advice or observations on the Airflow (I think you are saying use the 120mm fans over the rad as exhaust)

Go with what blay says. Top as intake, rear as exaust since you don't have any other intake.

Back