• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scalie two resolutions to same physical size?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maviryk

I have a 27" 4k, and a 27" 1k monitor.

In Win 10, how do you scale up the physical size of the lower resolution monitor so that a "stretched" wallpaper lines up, visually?

You cannot make the lesser monitor better than what it is.
Whatever you're trying to do has to be done to the 4k monitor to bring it down to the lesser monitor.

I think he just wants the wallpaper to look seamless as it travels across the monitors. In which case you would have to change the image to the appropriate size in an editor (like Photoshop or GIMP). After that you can set one wallpaper for each screen or use your image editor to glue them together to use with Eyfinity. Display Fusion might also do what you need but Im not sure

I have the lower resolution screen at 100%, and the 4k at 150% windows scaling. The image on the smaller screen is still bigger, but that's not the issue.

The biggest peeve, is that when I move the mouse cursor over, it doesn't line up.

The middle of the 4k screen corresponds to the bottom of the 1k screen. It's super annoying when I'm moving between screens. I don't need the hi resolution on the second screen, so it makes no sense to purchase a second 4k.

I do not believe what you want is possible. Because of the difference in resolution, the mouse will never align properly when moving from one screen to the other. Your monitor position in relation to each other makes the issue even worse. Can you not position them in line (centered) with each other at all? You could at least have a less annoying mouse transition if you can position the monitors that way.

The monitors are both 27" screens.

In the software I can position the lower resolution monitor anywhere, but I'd like to scale up the size of the pixels so that it matches the actual size of the 4k monitor.

So really, I need to change the PPI so that the mouse cursor matches going from screen to screen. Seems like it should be a basic thing to program, but it looks like the Window's OS assumes the same PPI for every resolution screen.

I suppose I should just be happy that Win 10 offers per monitor text scaling (non of the previous windows OS did).

Have you tried dropping the resolution on the 4k monitor to match the 1080?

Right click desktop -> Personalize -> Desktop Background -> bottom left : fill/fit/stretch ?

Back