• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scratched LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I figured someone out there must have scratched their LCD? Anyone? Anyone? Bueler? Bueler?

Does anyone have a dead LCD they would be willing to send me? I'll pay for shipping. (smaller the better)

Perhaps a picture of said scratch would help?

I have yet to scratch an LCD (monitor) and I have done my best to avoid it on electronics (PDA, etc) by using screen protectors. My camera sitll has yet to develop a strach on the screen... durable little device...

I thought I was doing my best....till my wife got me in a huge rush to clean up my computer area. Had the side off my computer...went to go put it back on and cliped the right hand edge of the screen. I had some choice words I yelled out at that point.

Anyway it's about a 1.5-2inch scratch. And it's not a hairline scratch, it's more like a gouge. I'll see about taking a pic.

I got a couple scratches on my LCD as well. I was moving it around and I forgot I had a pair of plyers in my pocket. Nuf said. Fortunately they only went into the "plastic" part enough to just show up and be annoying as hell. I'll be following this thread if it does go anywhere for a fix. :D

Back