• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screaming Deltas (A Work Log, 56k Beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
gvblake22 said:
What's with the odd shape cut out of the middle of the mobo tray?

I needed to have room for cables to come up under the board along with supporting the weight of the heatsink, so the little tab that comes in holds the processor mounting plate firm and tight. The cutting of this was so simple, Im very happy with my new scrollsaw.

My new birthday gifts for modding! Thanks mom and dad.

10" Ryobi Drill Press:
Drillpress.JPG

16" Ryobi Scroll Saw:
Scrollsaw.JPG

you are soooo lucky. I am your age, but I live in the city so i can only have hand tools :( I all i have a drill and dremel and a jigsaw. Happy birthday!

Please Stop Using My Thread To Argue Abour A Stupid Carrot. Im not doing it and thats that.

squasher said:
you are soooo lucky. I am your age, but I live in the city so i can only have hand tools :( I all i have a drill and dremel and a jigsaw. Happy birthday!

I use to live in the city too. I feel for you, really do. Best tool I could have was a dremel, make do with what you got bro. and thanks, it was a happy birthday :p

i just bought a new tool for modding, a Clarke, its a another brand like dremel, it does the job, but my system is being sold in classifieds now so it wont be modding computers anymore....

UPDATE The drill press and scroll saw have made my life so easy and have allowed me to make the window as quickley as I did. I didnt like the old one so I scrapped it and made a new one out of 1/4inch lexan.

SD999996.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like progress for this project will slow down untill I find a way to get to home depot and purchase more screws and nuts for the two remaining windows.

Son1990 said:
Looks like progress for this project will slow down untill I find a way to get to home depot and purchase more screws and nuts for the two remaining windows.

bike :D

LOL, but nice job man. Gonna look sweet when its done.

Wow. What your doing is totally amazing. Wish my parents would let me do stuff like this. They start pitching a fit when they walk in my room and see me in my BIOS and really yell when they find out I have overclocked something (so currently no overclock until I can convince them that nothing bad is gonna happen). Anyways keep up the great work and I can't wait to see how this turns out.

PWatterson said:
Wow. What your doing is totally amazing. Wish my parents would let me do stuff like this. They start pitching a fit when they walk in my room and see me in my BIOS and really yell when they find out I have overclocked something (so currently no overclock until I can convince them that nothing bad is gonna happen). Anyways keep up the great work and I can't wait to see how this turns out.
HAHAHAHA, that's great. My parents don't even know what a BIOS is, let alone overclocking! You should have seen the look on my mom's face when I told her I was "going Venice this summer". LOL :santa:

PWatterson said:

My parents are the same way. I have to lie and say that the BIOs is really a video game to teach kids how to learn the basics of programing :) They are always on my case about my computer either being in parts or yelling at me cause Im modding all my cases and anything I can find. They have thankfully dulled down and learned that its very consrtuctive, a great way to keep me away from drugs and keep me occupied :) Do your best or have them e-mail me and i can convince them :santa:

~Ken

Son1990 said:
My parents are the same way. I have to lie and say that the BIOs is really a video game to teach kids how to learn the basics of programing :) They are always on my case about my computer either being in parts or yelling at me cause Im modding all my cases and anything I can find. They have thankfully dulled down and learned that its very consrtuctive, a great way to keep me away from drugs and keep me occupied :) Do your best or have them e-mail me and i can convince them :santa:

~Ken

yeah, my parents finally let up. I was re-wiring my computer once, and my dad started getting hyped up, "YOU'RE GOING TO RUIN YOUR COMPUTER!"

hell, once when I was cutting out my fan grills with my uncles dremel (that was hard enough to convince them), and I was putting my rig back together, I pulled out the CPU from the mobo (after it was in the box, caseless). I wend to my dad, and showed him, and he started flipping out, "THATS A VERY SENSITIVE PIECE OF HARDWARE PUT IT BACK IT MIGHT HAVE DIED!!".

:rolleyes:

SolidxSnake said:
yeah, my parents finally let up. I was re-wiring my computer once, and my dad started getting hyped up, "YOU'RE GOING TO RUIN YOUR COMPUTER!"

hell, once when I was cutting out my fan grills with my uncles dremel (that was hard enough to convince them), and I was putting my rig back together, I pulled out the CPU from the mobo (after it was in the box, caseless). I wend to my dad, and showed him, and he started flipping out, "THATS A VERY SENSITIVE PIECE OF HARDWARE PUT IT BACK IT MIGHT HAVE DIED!!".

:rolleyes:

Hey man, I messed up my mobo by just changing cases once.... anything can happen :cool:

Update Well I just got back from school, measured and cut the windows as well as drilled the holes for where the windows will be place. No need for pictures tonight for the project is almost complete! A few more holes here, a duct there, bada-bing-bada-boom, and I have a great work log under my belt along with finnaly having my baby....erm...computer up and running.

WHAT NO PICS TODAY HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!! :p Just to let you know I wasted a good 30min of my works time reading your post. It was that interesting to me. Keep up the good work. That scroll saw should help you a lot with the acrylic.

Back