• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screaming Deltas (A Work Log, 56k Beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well It looks like I will be throwing in a K7 system and my new XP Barton system which I recived from my sister. Those wont be as big of a project as my main and most important computer is so I will post pics of the hodge podge, lower class rigs in a few minutes. The reason Im not spending much time on them is because I eventually plan to sell both to fund my next project (Itxvs).

Another picture of the front window with components installed.
SD9999996.JPG

Ok, well here is the result of 10 minues of modding. I just basically drilled standoff holes,and mounted the PSU's too alluminum L-channel to hold everything down. These will probobly be used for Folding and the XP for music playing while using my main rig.

_comps.JPG

_comps2.JPG

gvblake22 said:
DAMN man, that's quite the mess-O-wires ya got goin' on in there! :eek:
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say cleaning that up will be part of the finished product? ;)

You are sorley mistaken my friend. The picture decives you. There are only 3-4 wires in that picture and they all run along the top of the desk then swoop down when they need to connect to the mobo. As to not interfear with the airflow from the fron intakes, They cant be placed any lower. All other wires are neatly hidden. :p

Been watching this thread for a long time, it's looking good Ken! I suppose it's time for me to subscribe :D

Keep up the good work man!

Wow, well after getting back from a long day of paintball, I spent 3 hours making the bracket for the GFB1212VHW that will be intake/cooling for my SLI cards. Here is what hard work, and a ruler can get you.

SD9999999.JPG

SD99999991.JPG

SD99999992.JPG

Now all I need is to place an order through Mcmaster to get the duct.

Hole cut for the duct to the SLI cards from the GFB1212VHW:

SD99999993.JPG

Left to do:

+Optical drive mounts
+Control Panel

man that is a big fan wish i had one :p it looks like that thing could suck up a cat or small dog

Finished the Optical drive mount as soon as I got home, will mount once im done with some algebra. Here are the brackets themselves:

SD99999995.JPG

SD99999996.JPG

SD99999997.JPG

As you can see I have sustained two injurys :)
Also, the screw is half screwed in for I was egar to post pictures.

Blackmage said:
hey we all have to do it at one point in our life's, as a result i play with computers all day :D

I hear ya Blackmage. I just wish I was in geometry instead of Algebra 1 this year....

Son1990 said:
I hear ya Blackmage. I just wish I was in geometry instead of Algebra 1 this year....

never done gemometry. hey algebra is a power tool if you know how to use it you can work out anything with it. Processor multi = A FSB = B

BXA= C

C= clock speed :rolleyes: this my best, lol

Algebra=Useful (as blackmage pointed out :p)
Geometry=EVIL! You don't want to be in geometry this year or ever. It's horrible... I took it last year, and... oh god... you have to do proofs! If you don't know what those are, then you don't want to know!! YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!

Also, on topic, I like how this thing is going. Keep up the good work! :thup:

my last rant on algebra (well, at least I get it done before high-school)

equasions suck hard.

w1d1=w2d2 for d2. I don't care! hahaha

btw, put a hidden cathode or two behind the desk. make sure they're red ;)

SolidxSnake said:
put a hidden cathode or two behind the desk. make sure they're red ;)

Way ahead of u...the lights are for the final, end, "glee" photo shoot. Sorry to dissapoint but they will be blue, white or UV.

Back