• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screaming Deltas (A Work Log, 56k Beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Soichiro said:
Algebra=Useful (as blackmage pointed out :p)
Geometry=EVIL! You don't want to be in geometry this year or ever. It's horrible... I took it last year, and... oh god... you have to do proofs! If you don't know what those are, then you don't want to know!! YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!

:thup:

Totally agree there. I have the unfortunate luck of being in Geometry (and honors I might add) and it SUCKS. Proofs are someones biggest nightmare. D*** theorems ugh....... Anyways keep up the excellent work and I like your lighting choices.

I always hated algebra, I couldn't understand why I had to do all those problems. I mean if they had a realistic problem that required fixing with the use of algebra then I probably would have liked it more. Only started to enjoy math once I got to the calculus (maybe trigonometry) because of the 'real world' problems involved. And now when I go back university next semester it's off to Diff Eqns.... yay.

Anyway, it's still looking good. Like the sound of the light up desk, and also think the color choice will work well.

Son1990 said:
Way ahead of u...the lights are for the final, end, "glee" photo shoot. Sorry to dissapoint but they will be blue, white or UV.
I vote for UV :)

And simple/basic algebra is very useful. At least I find it useful. But the higher end stuff just gets a little out of hand. I end up feeling like I move numbers and letters around just because it is possible, not because it actually achieves some sort of useful end result, lol :shrug:

And nice work on that optical drive!

I now am In LOVE with Mcmaster.
Sent my duct over night.
SD99999999.JPG

Last edited:
GLEE! w00t, well all thats left is the control panel but that isnt a big deal. Temps are great. CPU is Ideing at around 30c, SLI at 45-48c. Two CCs are a little overrkill on the lighting...but so are the fans :)

6 pages of pictures, responses, answers, and modding, my first acutal mod is complete:

SD999999992.JPG

SD999999993.JPG

SD999999994.JPG

Last edited:
SD999999995.JPG

SD999999996.JPG

SD999999997.JPG

Thanks to all those who posted and subscirbed.
Stay tuned for furtue small updates such as the control panel and maybe another cool addition to Screaming Deltas.

My next project ITXvs will be posted soon, hope to see you all there :thup:

Last edited:
WOW......That is ****IN sweet! I love the duct and the huge *** delta on the end of it

Good job man! at first i was a bit scepetial about what it was gonna look, but it far exceed my expectations. Very nice bro!!

HOLY CRAP!! Looks Fricken Awesome! Yes, when I saw how the duct and fan were placed I though you might be losing some cfm. I can't wait for your next project. GREAT JOB!!

HOLY CRAP! This turned out VERY well! :thup:
I also really like that huge @$$ duct with equally huge @$$ delta at the end of it! It fits in really well with the title of the project. This has to be one of the most unique (if not the most) uniqe mods I've seen to date! I really like how well the whole thing fits in there under that shelf! And I also especially like the whole fact that you can see all the components at different angles. It puts some nice emphasis on the SLI setup through the top winodw; I know if I was running two 6800 GT's I would want to be showing them off!! I think you pulled it off very nicely.
The lights are indeed pretty bright, but I would have liked to have seen some yellow or red or orange or something, instead of blue. But again, I like how you did the duct, very creative. Creativity is one of the things that is easy to cut out from a case mod project as you are completing it because it just becomes too much to think about sometimes. But I'm glad you hung in there and got it done and got it done right.

One Big Applause For You Son!!!!:clap:

Last edited:
Thanks Blake. The lights will probobly be changed to UV sometime in the future.

I say you get another GFB if possible. then take the grill off of that GFB. when someone says "COOL", let them stick their finger in there, and get their hand ripped off.

BTW, looks VERY nice.

but you hate me. blue?

:cry:

PWatterson said:
HOLY CRAP!! Looks Fricken Awesome! Yes, when I saw how the duct and fan were placed I though you might be losing some cfm. I can't wait for your next project. GREAT JOB!!

LOL i see you took you post out about that Son. Just wondering....but how loud is everything?

Well I took it out cause Im not sure I want to do it, There isnt much escapping, we shall see. There is about 230 db's humming while I sleep. As for CFM's there are around 720, not as much as I origionnaly intended but still a good amount. I might add Another fan to the front, Cblowing across the HS and RAM, but like I said about the ontrol panel, duct box and this....we shall see.

Back