• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-45?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

Does anyone know if the Gentle Typhoon AP-45 (D1225C12B6AP-45) is still being produced?

I've been looking and I can't find any stores that have them in stock online. Frozen CPU had them in stock for a short time, but they quickly all disappeared and haven't been in stock for over a month.

Last edited:

Yes, I've been checking regularly. I had that on my watch list actually.

I was wanting to find a business I'd heard of like FrozenCPU, Xoxide, CrazyPC, Performance-PCs, etc that was selling them though.

I was also trying to find some cheaper ones. When Frozen CPU had them in stock they were priced at less than half that seller's asking price and it was the regular price too, and not a discounted sale price.

I think when FrozenCPU had them in stock a little while back was the first time they have ever been sold in the US. They should available directly from Nidec Servo in bulk, but not sure if they ship to the US or not. Typically, Scythe (in Japan) buys the fans in bulk from Nidec, slaps their name on them, then ships them out to resellers. I believe recently was the first time they shipped them to US resellers.

Back