• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe Gentle Typhoon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ciku

I can't find these fans anywhere... maybe anyone got a site that has them? or can anyone give suggestions? I was looking at Akasa fans but wasn't too convinced.

My slipstream's are retiring... but the new fans will still be used on my old cooler, Corsair H50.

Also, is there a huge difference in noise between AP-14 and AP-15?

A bit shipment should be coming to the USA soon. What stores are you looking at? Make sure you setup auto notify, they will go fast.

The 15s are very quiet at full speed, not silent. 1850 RPM. The 14s are 1450 RPM. quiter.

Get the 15s, and turn them down if you need to. I bet they will be better than what you run, due to the great pressure ratings.

Koolertek has AP-15 for $22.50 a pop. I think they are charging a little more since they are hard to find right now.

A bit shipment should be coming to the USA soon. What stores are you looking at? Make sure you setup auto notify, they will go fast.

The 15s are very quiet at full speed, not silent. 1850 RPM. The 14s are 1450 RPM. quiter.

Get the 15s, and turn them down if you need to. I bet they will be better than what you run, due to the great pressure ratings.

I don't have a fan controller :( I'm using a 1200rpm slipstream so I think the AP-14's will be close to the noise.

Koolertek has AP-15 for $22.50 a pop. I think they are charging a little more since they are hard to find right now.

yeah and plus shipping :( it's like getting a noctua...

Yea, they are becuase they sell out so fast. I got 6 way over a year ago, think they were $14. They were still pretty new to the market or everyone was talking about them.

Way overpriced now. Even Yate Loon mediums are fine for most rigs. I used them for a few years and was very happy with them.

It's just the GT's have the best CFM/static pressure at such a low noise and very pleasing tonality. Mine run at 1000 or so, and they are virtually silent, and what I can hear is just a gentle... fan if you can even call it that.

Yeah I got 4 of the ap14's before but I sold that rig :( Aside from GT's any suggestions? at least close to GT's but not as expensive?

Tyvm for the links. I will have to read more. The YT's 12's are 2200 rpm I think and I don't have a fan controller so it will prolly be loud-er.

I'm a big fan of the Gentle Typhoons. But they are hard to get.

As an alternative I'm super happy with Scythe's S-Flex series. The 1100 RPM and 800 RPM are virtually silent. I got a bunch when they were on sale.

There's lots of good 120 mm fans out there. All are pretty noisy above 1000 RPM. But there are fan controllers to take care of that.

I'm a big fan of the Gentle Typhoons. But they are hard to get.

As an alternative I'm super happy with Scythe's S-Flex series. The 1100 RPM and 800 RPM are virtually silent. I got a bunch when they were on sale.

There's lots of good 120 mm fans out there. All are pretty noisy above 1000 RPM. But there are fan controllers to take care of that.

Yes that is my second option but you cant find them anywhere either. If they are available they are about $20/each shipped lol.

The GT's are 3 pin right? I just bought this fan controller in an attempt to fix a noise issue with my heatsink but it turns out it was just how it reacted to a certain fan pulling out the back of it. Do you guys think even though its meant for 4-pin PWM fans it might work with 3-pin fans? I'm not educated with which wires connect to what.

The GT's are 3 pin right? I just bought this fan controller in an attempt to fix a noise issue with my heatsink but it turns out it was just how it reacted to a certain fan pulling out the back of it. Do you guys think even though its meant for 4-pin PWM fans it might work with 3-pin fans? I'm not educated with which wires connect to what.

I believe all you need is an adapter like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812296156 and connect the fan using the molex.

That's not going to give the PWM signal to the fans. They will run at 100% all the time.

Meeks, yea, it won't work, it's not a voltage controlled output, it's the PWM pulse output.

I went with the Yate Loon's Medium Speed for now till I could get some GT's :drool:

Back