• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe Gentle Typhoon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I haven't used the GT but I keep seeing them recommended everywhere. Are they really worth the nearly 2x price premium over the S-Flex fans? I usually use these for case fans (and SD's for heatsinks, but that won't be changing anytime soon).

For fan controllers you can't really beat the price/wattage of the Sunbeam models, though you may want to resistor-mod them, or at least coat the LED's in black auto touch-up paint.

Well they are that good great pressure on a rad, very quiet and have a pleasing sound, so the db is percieved as MUCH less.

They used to be a lot cheaper till discovered by the masses. I got my original 6 at $13 or 14$ each.

If the Sflex are pretty good go with them. It's not a huge diff. Especially for air cooling. They just do so well on rads that the 'magic' has become an air cooled thing too.

ciku had a good post above this one. And he'll prolly be wayyy satisfied with them too.

That's not going to give the PWM signal to the fans. They will run at 100% all the time.

Meeks, yea, it won't work, it's not a voltage controlled output, it's the PWM pulse output.

Well lets just hope my mobo has some header voltaging capabilities. I'll test the sunbeam unit as well but from what you're saying, I doubt it'll work.

Well lets just hope my mobo has some header voltaging capabilities. I'll test the sunbeam unit as well but from what you're saying, I doubt it'll work.

If the fans are 3-pin (or using a 4-pin to 3-pin adapter) the Rheobus should handle them by manually controlling voltage.

Back