• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe Kaze Master 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EpicMango

So I was looking all around for a minimalistic fan controller for my Tempest Evo and its 6 fans. I don't know if 6 fans will be a nuisance to me or not, but regardless, it'll be nice to have something should I not need to have arctic cold temps in my case..

I was looking at the Kaze Master 2, and it looks perfect. Nothing flashy, the blue LED's will compliment the entire Blue theme I'm going with my computer (case, mouse, keyboard, speaker on LED, monitor on LED, wallpaper)

But its $60 brand new. Is it really worth $60?

I just want a fan controller that isn't too fancy, I don't want it to distract from the front of the case, perferabally knobs, blue themes lights...

Suggestions?

You can read a review on this unit on the Front Page...

I had the original and loved it. Seems like this one is approved as well.

Do you need the features like temp monitoring and lots of power handling /channel? Those are the things that will help you figure it out. Worth is up to the user. Once you know what features it offers, ask yourself if you need it... or if its worth it to you.

Temperature readings would be nice. Power handling not so much.

For what it does and its price, I would rather get a NZXT Sentry for half that price, but its the color LCD that I don't like..

It'll detract from the PC's look. Other options?

I had the original and loved it. Seems like this one is approved as well.

You have the Kaze Master Ace? Seems like the same controller without push in knobs...and its cheaper..

Question is do I need a 4 channel or 6 channel. I've heard that you can have 2 fans on 1 channel..

I'd like to have control of the top 2 140's in 1 channel, the front 120's in 1 channel and the side fan in 1 channel and the rear in 1 channel..

First i'll see if I need to get a fan controller. Don't know if my Tempest Evo will be a loud case.

My current Xeon rig gets ridiculously loud, and all that noise is generated from the CPU fans. But it makes sense, because even the top of the heatisnks are very very hot to the touch. I can't keep my finger on for more than 2-3 seconds. my GPU is silent.

We shall see. 4 more days till my build aughhh!

Back