• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe Rasetsu- cooler from hell

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

95937.JPG

Avoid this thing at all costs. Just spent about half an hour trying to install this thing on a buddy's 1155 system. Finally succeeded. Giant heatsink with pushpins you have to reach under and around the heatsink to get at. Took forever to get it on. Just wanted to issue a warning to folks. Avoid this thing.

I'm not slow in the brain or anything. This thing really is torture to install. I've got lots of experience with heatsinks and pushpins, but this thing just isn't normal. Just avoid it. Bleh.
:rolleyes:

Pushpins are something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. I managed to snap them off even when trying to install the stock intel heatsink. Who thought it would be a good idea to use them on a cooler like that one?

I honestly haven't ever been happy with any pushpin setup. I used a stock intel cooler on the i7-920 for a good year and when I finally got around to replacing the awful, generic intel board I discovered one of the pins had broken, whether it had been on installation or some time later I don't know. Thankfully it cooled the cpu just fine, but it convinced me to never use them if I could avoid the.m.

thanks for the review.

I have pushpins too, It will be my private hell to have to deal with them.

When my put my stock heatsink back on my e8400, I got rid of the push-pins and got a bolt thru kit. Way easier to install and more secure. Only thing I used push-pins with was a Scythe Ninja 2, but only because it's near impossible to use a bolt thru kit on that.

Back