• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe & Slipstreams

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've got 3 of the slipstreams on my rad on a fan controller. At about 70% fan speed I don't hear them at all. At full bore I can hear them, but they are not annoyingly loud @ 37dba.

The Ultra Kaze are pretty loud. I had them before and I had to run them at about 50% so I had a balance between airflow and noise.

I've never had any of them overheat and wires burn. I've never heard of that happening before. Where did you get this info from?

Sleeve bearings don't last as long in a fan horizontal position, Might last just 2 yeares vs 5 years. That's what Ehumw is getting at.

Sleeve fans are cheaper.

besides, he wrote it, it's a good read no matter what for education.

I see.

Amazon reviews, though I don't completely trust reviews anywheres. Noted though thanks Nebulous, Ended up going another way XD, hope MassCool makes good fans... :L won't be a big loss anyway.

Masscool seems to be honest with their specs. I have some of their fans, including BB. I like them.

Back