• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is the best fans and quiet for rads?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

First one listed is 1600 RPM whereas second one is 1500 RPM and is rated at a higher airflow 61.21 CFM vs 58.09 CFM and noise level 22.5 dB vs 21.2 dB. Another thing to consider is that translucent plastic fans like this one tend to be made of plastics that are less solid (or softer) plastics that tend to vibrate more when spinning at the same speed as a fan made from harder plastic, and therefore create more noise.

I thought you gave up on water cooling and sold all your parts?

I was going to sell them but I been talking with Witchdoctor and his been helping me figure out what I was having issues with. Since I just didn't give water cooling a chance long enough to determine whether or not is for me. I do like it, and love the idea, plus challenges but I was getting frustrated by a lot of things that his been helping me with. Finally things are falling into place much easier for me now and loving how things are turning out. some of my stuff are coming in tomorrow and then all I need to set is really good fans for the system and I think the last thing I need to do is pain the case this summer. XD

Glad to hear you're not quitting out on it any more
Yea I been lucky and his been very patience with my millions of question. XD At least Hope he is. Hahaha

Now I am stuck with 3 fans. EK Vardar ER, Gentle Typhoon, and NB-eLoop. I want them to be PWM so that the mobo can control them I think would be best.

- - - Updated - - -

First one listed is 1600 RPM whereas second one is 1500 RPM and is rated at a higher airflow 61.21 CFM vs 58.09 CFM and noise level 22.5 dB vs 21.2 dB. Another thing to consider is that translucent plastic fans like this one tend to be made of plastics that are less solid (or softer) plastics that tend to vibrate more when spinning at the same speed as a fan made from harder plastic, and therefore create more noise.

Oh nice, I didn't know that then again I am a noob when it comes to fans. Thanks a lot!

Angel a fan is a fan they all make noise at speed, just get Typhoons and turn em down for general use then turn em up for extreme lol. In fact got my fans turned way down cant hear them but i hear water pump so theres another issue for ya.

Last edited:
Angel a fan is a fan they all make noise at speed, just get Typhoons and turn em down for general use then turn em up for extreme lol. In fact got my fans turned way down cant hear them but i hear water pump so theres another issue for ya.

LOL! WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OR MY PUMP DUE TO MY FANS! WAIT I WILL TURN THEM DOWN....

SORRY I FAILED! THEY ARE PWM 3-PIN BUT THE MOTHERBOARD HAS THEM RUNNING AT 2200+ RPM! :bang head

Last edited:
Dan nice test glad I came across this guy channel.

Your rig noise profile with Vardar, Gentle Typhoon and Noctua fans - DazLab EP8

After watching and hearing these videos on a headset. I found the GT being quieter at 2150rpm over the NB-eLoop was at 1900rpm.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...2-NB-e-loops-Cougars-Noctua-Piranha-GT-AP-45s

I am leaning toward the GT now XD

***UPDATE***

Order done fans should be here tomorrow.

I got the Nidec Servo GentleTyphoon 120mm Case Fan 2150 RPM PWM Fan D1225C12B6ZPA-64. Hopefully everything will turn out well. We will see and since I have already the Swiftech 8-port PWM hub hopefully the motherboard will control these fans well enough. XD

Last edited:
Awesome choice! That video also made me love the GTs even more but not sure if I trust his testing methods. The room he spoke in had lots of echo and so I'm not sure if that plays positively or negatively into the testing itself. I would love to see Martin and the likes to have done a fan round off with all the new fans, including the old high performers.

Regardless, if I ever upgrade my Helix120s PWM which is a quite hard decision to do for the amount of money needed to be spent ($225+), I would either be torn between the amazing GTs PWM or the Thermaltake Riing RGB for more of build effect. That's also assuming they perform well as rad fans.

Back