• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is the best fans and quiet for rads?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

NB eLoops = http://www.amazon.com/Noiseblock-NB...&ie=UTF8&qid=1458743870&sr=1-1&keywords=B12-P

Gentle Typhoons = http://www.amazon.com/Nidec-Servo-G...id=1458743069&sr=8-3&keywords=Gentle+Typhoons

Phanteks F120MP = http://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-Pres...id=1458743105&sr=8-2&keywords=Phanteks+F120MP

EK Vardar = http://www.amazon.com/EK-Vardar-F3-...UTF8&qid=1458743139&sr=8-1&keywords=EK+Vardar

Noctua = Ugly for the price http://www.amazon.com/NF-F12-indust...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A15YNZR7YB053N

It seems the EK Vardar and Phanteks are cheapest but Phanteks are the cheapest. Price wise I go with Phanteks but performance and quietness not sure. The Noiseblocker NB-eLoop Series B-12-2 looks interesting not sure which of them I need for my 240mm rads.

Last edited:
4x CM Silencio = $79.96
4x NB-eLoop B-12-P = $107.80
4x Phanteks F120MP = $59.96

So far these are the fans that gotten my attention from the quite, performance, and looks side of things.

#1 GTs
#2 eLoops
#3 Vardars

This is my personal preference if I were to buy fans and most will agree, GTs are still the king of the hill.

So you know, there are white and black versions of the GTs.

I should also add that the much affordable Swiftech Helix 120s comes a bit close to the GTs from what I have read. Their audibles are very similar, just the GT's push a bit more air and have more pressure. Its a $10 fan vs. $20+. Thought you might reconsider if you knew.

I should also add that the much affordable Swiftech Helix 120s comes a bit close to the GTs from what I have read. Their audibles are very similar, just the GT's push a bit more air and have more pressure. Its a $10 fan vs. $20+. Thought you might reconsider if you knew.

To bad the connectors and sleeves don't match my case setup. I mean I could get black extenders and then is all fixed. How well these fans perform? It is on my list for sure just curious how well they are compare to
Phobya NB-eLoop 1600rpm Bionic 120mm Case Fan. http://www.amazon.com/Phobya-NB-eLo...&qid=1458762995&sr=8-1&keywords=eloops+phobya

Holy mother that is cheap even with sleeves and shrink ends. Damn nice!

One thing to watch out for is the shipping. I dont know what it will be for a fan or six but I got my MegaHalems there (for $25! -Simply Amazing!) and the shipping was almost $10. Now it is still a hell of a deal to be sure, I am just saying that it seemed like a pretty high shipping rate, and I think I have see another guy mention the same about the same page. I have no idea if that is normoal or not, just kind of a word to the wise is all.

One thing to watch out for is the shipping. I dont know what it will be for a fan or six but I got my MegaHalems there (for $25! -Simply Amazing!) and the shipping was almost $10. Now it is still a hell of a deal to be sure, I am just saying that it seemed like a pretty high shipping rate, and I think I have see another guy mention the same about the same page. I have no idea if that is normoal or not, just kind of a word to the wise is all.

Depends how fast you want them, the shipping for 2-3 days is similar to buying them from amazon prime without sleeve or shrinking. So you pay about the same except you get maybe a day more and sleeves plus shrinking done. Now how do these fans compare to Corsair SP120 Hight Performance Fans?

If I don't add anything to the fans and I got USPS 2-3 day shipping with insurance is $38.56

Last edited:
\ Now how do these fans compare to Corsair SP120 Hight Performance Fans?

As to that I wouldnt be able to give you first hand experience. I am currently running some Bit Fenix Spectre and Spectre Pro's but they are spendy and I dont know how they would do on a rad. I think they might be light on static pressure for water ? I just happend to be reading the thread and saw the Swiftech recommendation and thought I could point you at a good thread for more info. Good luck

As to that I wouldnt be able to give you first hand experience. I am currently running some Bit Fenix Spectre and Spectre Pro's but they are spendy and I dont know how they would do on a rad. I think they might be light on static pressure for water ? I just happend to be reading the thread and saw the Swiftech recommendation and thought I could point you at a good thread for more info. Good luck

np thanks!

Here's some more reviews by members in another forum that I got some of the info from. I will say to be fair that these are amateur reviews, not coming from the respected experts in the field with the right equipment. But the more and more you read, the Helix 120s aren't so bad of fans as I've posted about from my experiences. I still have to disagree that the Helix 120s are a knock-off of the GTs. Obviously they haven't done enough homework before coming to that conclusion. They can be similar in some aspect but not spit images of each other.

Here's some more reviews by members in another forum that I got some of the info from. I will say to be fair that these are amateur reviews, not coming from the respected experts in the field with the right equipment. But the more and more you read, the Helix 120s aren't so bad of fans as I've posted about from my experiences. I still have to disagree that the Helix 120s are a knock-off of the GTs. Obviously they haven't done enough homework before coming to that conclusion. They can be similar in some aspect but not spit images of each other.

I see true that very similar but not the same unit. I think the GT has less fan blades than the Helix correct? I will do some more research and deal with my SP120 for now until I come into a conclusion of which fan will work for me gets. I do like the style of the NB-eLoop but they are very expensive fans. $26 each of the ones I want and I need 4. Still debating on EK Vardar and GT too.

I'm using 140 sized fans in my build (Phanteks 140MP).

I purchased a new 140ER Varder direct from EK only just the other week so I could try it out.

Disappointed with the Varder - It is a lot noisier (Motor noise as well as airflow noise) at the same airflow as compared to the Phanteks. It also had a lot more vibration - out of balance fan assembly??

It should be from their latest batch but was not all that impressed.

I'm using 140 sized fans in my build (Phanteks 140MP).

I purchased a new 140ER Varder direct from EK only just the other week so I could try it out.

Disappointed with the Varder - It is a lot noisier (Motor noise as well as airflow noise) at the same airflow as compared to the Phanteks. It also had a lot more vibration - out of balance fan assembly??

It should be from their latest batch but was not all that impressed.

I see, that sucks man, I was looking at them just now since I am still torn between the NB-eLoop, EK Vardar ER and Genthle Typhoon.

They are pretty much the same fan sans for the colour scheme.

Not sure if they are manufactured for Phobya by NB or whether they are manufactured under license etc.

I thought you gave up on water cooling and sold all your parts?

Back