• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SDTV Reception Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeFessler

Can anyone help me out?

My problem is that when I connect my computer (listed below) to my SDTV I have an issue with diagonal line down the screen and it drives me crazy. I've tried taking the card out and cleaning it, checking connections and everything.

I have it connected to the S-Video of the TV.

When I plug my laptop into the TV it works great. I would use that, but I am always going places and don't want to have to hook my laptop up each time I wanna watch something and I prefer my sound to come from my PC speakers since I have surround sound.

Thank you, any help is greatly appreciated.

I remember some issue with nvidia drivers not accuractly auto-detecting what type of connection to use, try fiddling with some options in the driver. (Sorry for being so vague =x)

same wires and same input to the back of tv ?

id also try to use different drivers to see if any changes are noticed. otherwise you may have a bad output on your card. my old ti4600 went bad.. i used it alot and it started to get just a bit loose and the picture was distorted ...

anyway to use a different tv for testing ?

I am actually making this post after having just bought a new TV. My old TV had the same problem, but I thought it was just because the TV is old. I have barely used the input on the back of my card so it shouldn't be worn.

It wasn't as noticeable on my old tv because it wasn't as big or as clear. But on this TV is very apparently. It's strange. The image looks perfect, just there diagonal lines going across the screen. They are very faint but definitely noticeable. They don't move either either they are just lines standing still.

it might be a ground looping isshue... try pluggin the computer in to either the same powerstrip as the tv or a COMPLETLY different circuit... It also might be another ground problem in the fact that each of the devices is using the same ground causing ishues. I had this problem with my hometheater powered sub and reviever... right when i plugged in the audio sub line from the reciever into the sub i would get a very bad humming. turns out it had to do with ground looping causing a 60hz frequency to be played on the sub... so i ended up taking a computer power supply cable that i broke the ground off a while ago (sub uses same style) and used that cable and it works fine...

I have noticed the ishue you are having also with my 6600gt and component or svideo out... it does the same thing but i only had that for a while untill i switched to DVI out to hdmi to my HDTV

Back