• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seamless in Virtual Box with domain machine?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hello guys,

I have been working with VirtualBox running Win732bit on it, for purpose of a piece of software, it runs great and no issues, but I wanted to see if it could run straight off the desktop of the non virtual machine. This brought me to "Seamless", the only issue here is that, most the info on this is from 2014 and it seems to have been hidden or removed since then? I found that with an addition to VirtualBox it could work, but i still dont understand how to make it work.

Does anyone have maybe a simple way of how this may work, if it even works still?

I haven't run VB lately but I was on the most recent version a few weeks ago, so maybe this answer has changed. Seamless mode has always just "been there" next to Full Screen Mode (IIRC) in the View pull down menu. Like I said they may have changed that recently.

Did you install the Guest Additions? It's a virtual iso included with VB, no extra downloads needed. It allows all kinds of niceties, like USB pass through and setting your screen to higher resolutions. Perhaps it also enables Seamless mode? GL :D

I haven't run VB lately but I was on the most recent version a few weeks ago, so maybe this answer has changed. Seamless mode has always just "been there" next to Full Screen Mode (IIRC) in the View pull down menu. Like I said they may have changed that recently.

Did you install the Guest Additions? It's a virtual iso included with VB, no extra downloads needed. It allows all kinds of niceties, like USB pass through and setting your screen to higher resolutions. Perhaps it also enables Seamless mode? GL :D

Do you have any idea where i install the Guest Additions?

You have an option for full screen mode under the View menu? I checked mine and Seamless is literally right below or above the Full screen option. Perhaps it's time to reinstall because AFAIK Seamless is a stock option and it is odd that it's not there.

Let us know if/when you get it figured out

I know where to look, the setting is not appearing. I will get more time to work with it soon, and i will try more options, thans so far.

Back