• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Searching cpu cooling for i3 6100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elfaii

Registered
Hello,
i have this case coolermaster elite 130 with i3 6100
so i am searching to find better cpu cooler because now i have 70c degrees
Do you have any idea?

Are you running 70°C at full load? If so, you're still very safe on the temperature.
Where are you buying from or what options do you have for your budget with heatsinks?

yes at full load i have it
I am searching profil limited donw to 65 mm air cool or water cool.
I considering to give no more than 70 Euro!

Last edited:
yes at full load i have it
I am searching profil limited donw to 65 mm air cool or water cool.
I considering to give no more than 70 Euro!

As Earthdog, and myself, both said... not really worth buying a heatsink for your temps.

Again though, if you're dead set on buying one, we need to know either where you're buying from or what options you have within your budget.

You are very limited with coolers in that case. Depending on the RAM you have it may not even be possible.

Image for reference. *edit this is an elite 120.

Space.jpg

Last edited:
that's the problem so you say and the above friends that is no need to change it..?

I have a corsair h55 inside of mine, the elite 130 supports a full 120mm rad in the front so it's a great option if you want a silent option. The picture posted above is an elite 120 witch lacks the front mounted radiator option and trades it for a HDD rack and slightly smaller footprint.

For a while I had my 4790k and R9 Fury crammed in that case with the h55 ;)

Last edited:
Noctua NH-L9i or Cryorig C7. Cryorig is 10mm taller but performs better. I've tested both. There is no AIO which can generate less noise than these 2 coolers.

I would keep the stock cooler and spend the money somewhere else (one more ssd if any, or beer...).

Back