• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Searching for a motherboard that would be compatible with my Ripjaw Z F3-19200CL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
blend indeed
02.JPG
this isn't looking good.

insta-crash on a bunch of threads.

EDIT : a minute and I'm down to 3 workers out of 12

Last edited:
Nope.. that isn't supposed to happen.

For giggles, try small FFT and see if that exhibits the same behavior.

Small FFT :
03.JPG
at least no insta-crash there.

- - - Updated - - -

it's easy to want to say it's not gonna change 5 minutes in but honestly the small FFT test looks stable.

so you really sure i should increase the voltage? it's already at the 1.65 recommended by G.Skill

He said to change the system agent voltage, not the RAM voltage.

System Agent voltage, not voltage for the ram. ;)

Find out what it is currently at (should display in the bios), and add .1v to it and see if that stabilizes things a bit in blend.

Also one thing to note, is that SB-e CPUs didn't generally have great IMCs (Integrated Memory Controllers), particularly when you compare it to SB. Not many SB-e CPUs can run 2400Mhz... so it just may not be in the cards for you and this specific CPU. Its not like you see more than negligible performance gains over say 2133/1866 so, outside of the kick in the wallet... there really isn't much at all lost by having it set lower.

GOPR0895.JPG GOPR0894.JPG GOPR0893.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Also one thing to note, is that SB-e CPUs didn't generally have great IMCs (Integrated Memory Controllers), particularly when you compare it to SB. Not many SB-e CPUs can run 2400Mhz... so it just may not be in the cards for you and this specific CPU. Its not like you see more than negligible performance gains over say 2133/1866 so, outside of the kick in the wallet... there really isn't much at all lost by having it set lower.
that's kinda the philosophy I was living by or I would not have run the ram at 1600 for some 3-4 years now.

however I'm curious as to the terms SB-e and SB. I've never heard them before. What are the differences between these CPUs? is my CPU ill adapted to it's (mostly) gaming use? (read simulated projectile RTS, heavyweight lifting like server hosting and big planet generation on Planetary Annihilation, Ashes of the Singularity, I'd cite Forged Alliance if it wasn't for it's max two threads.)

Last edited:
Blend test still crashes instantly with this change to "Additional Turbo Voltage"

I think the problem here is terminology quarrels between brands. And honestly I think Asrock should just conform to Asus'es names.

Turbo voltage has nothing to do with System Agent voltage. Just like tires have nothing to do with your rearview mirror. Dont change things if you do not know what they are. :)

VCCSA (SA= System Agent) is the voltage you want to bump up by .1 volt.

however I'm curious as to the terms SB-e and SB. I've never heard them before. What are the differences between these CPUs? is my CPU ill adapted to it's (mostly) gaming use? (read simulated projectile RTS, heavyweight lifting like server hosting and big planet generation on Planetary Annihilation, Ashes of the Singularity, I'd cite Forged Alliance if it wasn't for it's max two threads.)
SB and SBe = Sandybridge and Sandybridge-E (your CPU)...the code name for the CPU architecture. The differences are, basically, the SBe chips are hex core and on a different socket, enthusiast level, while SB is quad core and less, mainstream.

They are the same as far as gaming goes... its not ill adapted to anything. Its the same chip with more cores.

While the terminology may be different, the high level concepts are the same... I suggest reading this guide and becoming familiar with what you are trying to do! :)
http://www.overclock.net/t/1189242/...anations-and-support-for-all-x79-overclockers

is this too much?

GOPR0896.jpg

I attempted to do a prime95 blend test and no threads crashed but then I had a bluescreen.
SB and SBe = Sandybridge and Sandybridge-E (your CPU)...the code name for the CPU architecture. The differences are, basically, the SBe chips are hex core and on a different socket, enthusiast level, while SB is quad core and less, mainstream.

They are the same as far as gaming goes... its not ill adapted to anything. Its the same chip with more cores.
oh those were acronyms, ok. I knew this.

I've seen this article. Not too sure about overclocking the CPU untill I can get my ram running stable.

What the heck is with your fish eye lens?????????? :rofl:

I prefer fixed voltage instead of offset... there is no simple math involved. You just set it to .1 v over the stock value, so I believe 1.3v (confirm please). Offset also only ramps up on load and can lead to instability when idle (which you are not seeing here I know...).

So when did the BSOD happen? instantly? What was the BSOD code? Does running at 1.35v instead of 1.3v help/delay the BSOD at least?

What the heck is with your fish eye lens?????????? :rofl:
:p the joys of a GoPro. I'm looking into ways to get rid of it I hate it as well.

I prefer fixed voltage instead of offset... there is no simple math involved.
alright I'll do that instead.
(confirm please).
yes that's it.
Offset also only ramps up on load and can lead to instability when idle (which you are not seeing here I know...).
yup
So when did the BSOD happen? instantly? What was the BSOD code?
basically a minute into the prime95 test though I was trying to run photoshop and importing the gopro picture also simultaneously as well as writing a reply here that I had to rewrite.

is it possible that chrome is related to my memory leak?

as for the BSOD code I'll have to provoke it Gopro in hand.

Chrome loves memory, yes... not sure if it is leaky, I dont recall having that issue (memory going full) though.

Just let it run the test alone for a while. ;)

can't reproduce, though the blend test is failing :
056.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

(memory going full) though.
hold on ... is that the symptom of memory leak? I mean it'll actually show up in task manager as used ram? my ram never goes full but it does seem to grow a bit as the system is left on. how do you correctly test memory leak?

- - - Updated - - -

can't reproduce BSOD so far.

Those workers shouldn't be dropping...did you try +.15 or 1.35v for VCCSA? It seems like 2400Mhz is just not in the cards for this CPU and its IMC. At stock memory speeds, can you run blend without workers failing?

If memory is leaking it will constantly go up in use and get full yes.

Those workers shouldn't be dropping...did you try +.15 or 1.35v for VCCSA? It seems like 2400Mhz is just not in the cards for this CPU and its IMC. At stock memory speeds, can you run blend without workers failing?

If memory is leaking it will constantly go up in use and get full yes.
looks like it yeah.

I went into bios and set the value to "fixed value" at 1.3v

when i tried to boot this immediately produced the BSOD :
GOPR0898.JPG

the error code seems to be "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" thank you windows 8 for removing more informative screens....

and in a loop. I couldn't actually boot with this setting.

I put it back to auto to write this and now windows is stuck in a continual loop warning me about this every second. literally. had to turn of system sounds cause it's enough to drive a man nuts.
06.JPG

any ideas how to fix? will 1600MHz frequency be enough?

Back