• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seasonic X650 vs M12II 620

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iblowuup

Registered
I'm in the research stage of my first build and I was wondering if there was really a reason to justify me spending another $50 on the X-series. The X-series is very well reviewed and always high on psu recommendations and is also Gold certified as apposed to the Bronze certification of the M12II. As far as I know the 30w power difference won't really matter but I'm no expert. I unfortunately do not have any build specs set in stone aside from the mobo and the cpu but I would like to be able to crossfire/SLI in the future and I know that affects power consumption tremendously.

CPU: i5 3570K
MB: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 LGA 1155

M12II 620

X650

I completely agree, but as I am on a budget the extra $50 is significantly impactful on the end price so it would be nice to not have to.

I wouldn't say you have to at all. If the $50 is important by all means go with the cheaper unit, they're both excellent, it's just that the X650 is fantastic.

Well I think I will get the M12II because now that I think about it the only major differences are that there is a 5% to 10% difference in efficiency (which is very high either way) and a 30w output difference which is negligible. The X650 is simply not worth the extra $50 if you're on a budget like me but it is measurably superior. Just thought I'd lay out my thought process for future readers :) Thank you for the second opinion as well.

Back