• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

secondary monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDMStanced

I have been using my tablet monitor (cintiq) as primary monitor and normal monitor as secondary monitor.
But all of sudden, my primary became secondary and secondary became primary.
No matter what i do, i can't switch back.
I went to display setting and made sure that it is set to what i wanted but it won't display like it should -_-
what's wrong with this??

what happens if you unplug the secondary monitor, does it switch the other one to primary? And if you plugin the other one again does it stay as primary?

what happens if you unplug the secondary monitor, does it switch the other one to primary? And if you plugin the other one again does it stay as primary?

if i unplug the secondary monitor (normal monitor) then the tablet monitor works as primary.
i plugged back the secondary monitor back in and it went back to how it was before. Normal monitor as primary and tablet monitor as secondary but i want it the other way around.

Are they just in the wrong postion? What happens if you move everything over to the ideal monitor (task bar, icons, etc). Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling video card drivers?

Are they just in the wrong postion? What happens if you move everything over to the ideal monitor (task bar, icons, etc). Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling video card drivers?

i don't think that is the case because if i turn on Photoshop then it should open from primary monitor. But it is opening from secondary monitor (normal monitor)

On display setting, if i set the tablet monitor to primary, then all monitors blink and show all the icons in Primary monitor like it should but they go right back to secondary again.

If this does not work then shut down, unplug from wall power, ONLY connect what you want to be primary, power ON. Make sure NOTHING ELSE is connected to ANY video (especially HDMI) outputs whatsoever. Not your stereo, nothing.

Primary.jpg

Then attach secondary.

holy crap how did i miss that Make this my main display button -_-
Thanks!

hmm i need help with this again.. after formatting the PC this is happening again. The monitor that i want it to be Primary does not become primary. It
always stays secondary. I followed all the previous advices but still not working.....:(

Back