• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Securing of hardware in computer during transport, ideas??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheIceman5

have to post a desktop computer interstate, it has a coolermaster hyper 212 evo heatsink on it, what would be the best way to post this computer with this heatsink so it doesn't break the motherboard in transit?
it needs to be operation when it reaches the other end and plugged in and operating, cant remove heatsink as the other person will not be able to put it back on.

I would disassemble everything and repackage them individually. Motherboards are pretty strong. I will wager that you won't be able to snap one in half, even with a sledgehammer. :)

I would disassemble everything and repackage them individually. Motherboards are pretty strong. I will wager that you won't be able to snap one in half, even with a sledgehammer. :)

have to post a desktop computer interstate, it has a coolermaster hyper 212 evo heatsink on it, what would be the best way to post this computer with this heatsink so it doesn't break the motherboard in transit?
it needs to be operation when it reaches the other end and plugged in and operating, cant remove heatsink as the other person will not be able to put it back on.

In my book, with LGA, keeping the processor in the socket is the best thing to do.

And keeping a screw-on heatsink with a back mount on should be fine when travelling. Especially if you buckle the PC case down.

Last edited:
ok will see how It goes, I cant figure any other way to do it. if it breaks just get a new motherboard I guess.

Back