• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

seems not many ppl know this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ssprncvegeta said:
this is one, and the biggest, reason AMD hasn't made any profit. do you think companies can progress if they dont make any profit?

absolutely not. if they keep us going with inexpensive cpu's , they will go under...possibly.....and we'll all be using intel....maybe.....

I bought a P4/mobo combo for $170, not really an arm and a leg...more like a couple of fingers.

Anyway, as long as AMD isn't in the red (that means they had the funds to do R&D) they'll be around and we'll have at least two choices of cpu. Unlike operating systems:p

this ssprncvegeta guy is kinda ****in me off with his spamming. he also thinks good rams cost 60 bucks. i dont like him already ;)
he tells people he has a life and dont care much about computers yet he's here arguing with other members. we're all here because we're CRAZY about computers and overclocking. can we close this thread?

Last edited:
well 266mhz ddr does cost $60, well, anywhere but the places your looking. 400mhz is around $80 but its not that popular with the mobo companies.

all i said was "here is a relatively cheap upgrade". apparently you didnt concept that and start saying i need other hardware. i dont know why you would u need anything b/s power supply, memory, cpu and mobo for a barebone, your suppose to take all your stuff from the older computer and put it in this one. its not very complicated and i thought it would be like instinct to anyone here, considering how much computer hardware costs, especially good hardware

Let's all just take a deep breath and cool off a bit. We don't need to get nasty or accusatory.

Let's also remember that this is the AMD CPU's topic.

lol i think what they mean is the fact that you have one post after another....some of us here dont like that, so we let you know. they should have been a bit more spacific :)

ssprncvegeta said:
...but there is a very inexpensive way to get a totally bitchin computer

Well, a "totally bitchin" comp will requiere a totally bitchin vid card, RAM, mobo, sound card, propably a pretty b****ing PSU to support all this, then it'll be a b****ing computer. you didn't mention an upgrade. you mentioned TOTALLY, which means good for everything. now this Intel vs. AMD thing is really getting old and tired. we all know that AMD's CPUs can perform much better at some tasks while pentium will perform better in others. Now, due to many of the benchmarks are now made with total P4 optimization (which mean they run MUCH faster on a P4, than an AMD), AMD still holds its ground having much slower clock speed.
The best benchmark would be totally optimized benchmark for both the CPUs, and I mean TOTALLY, or just a nuetral one, not optimized for either. that would proove all that higher clock P4 (= newer CPU) vs. AMD old proc thing wrong.
P4s generally have more memory bandwidth, that's why they're so fast in some memory intensive games like Q3A and benchmarks like 3DMark2001.
It all depends on what you're gonna use the computer for. some people want only play games, ok go get a P4. some others take other things into considaration, like me for example will better pay 3 times less for 15-20% less performance in games, but way better performance in software that process data, as we know AMD CPUs are very strong at this point. Even a 2Ghz P4 can't beat my "Crappy" tbird at 1200mhz, in folding at home, a P4 runing twice or more than that faster will be requiered to beat my system in folding. So i will better go for a cheaper proc, more expensive memory and overclock the crap out of it. Isn't this site is all about? OVERCLOCKING, it doesn't mean we do or have to do it to each and every system we buy.

Now about this spamming thing, I've noticed this in your previous thread also. you were asking questions, one after another and kept making new post every time when you could easily use the Edit button. In this thread I've noticed many 2 posts 1 after the other by you and even 3. please consider this, all the people that answered you, even if they were a bit out of line it was less than you were, they were answering to your posts, they weren't making any comments.

yeah, i do believe all this has been covered, and this is going to be a long fight , unless a mod or someone closes this thread. i think the thread starter got a bit overwhelmed , not by a single comment, but all of our comments collectively.

most of the replies here were targeted at informing you of your bad choice of words. i don't think we were slamming you at all, just trying to make sence of the totally bitchin system, when you were actually trying to say great deal on a barebones, or a decent deal on an upgrade.

like mentioned above, we are all pc addicts and we should all support each other, as we are all here for the same reason. so, lets all cool down. i can get hot under the collar like others , and i can forgive as i expect to be forgiven. the fact is guys, we are all human, and therefore, we all make mistakes. what makes bad medicine here is when someone tries to flame their way out of admission of guilt.

here, i'll show an example. i, madsam, do believe i have made errors here at o/c, and in day to day life, and i'm ok with that because it is a characteristic of my species...human. i also ask for forgiveness for my errors and mistakes, and i admit that i do believe with all my effort, i will make more mistakes.

there, do we all feel better now?

ok, how about this...it's all madsam's fault, and therefore, everyone else should hold no grudges against anyone. not even me, because i make mistakes....sorry, i'm human.

see, that wasn't hard at all. he he he

everyone wear a smile now, one size fits all. and fold...!!!:burn: :burn: :burn:

I dont know why.. But i feel i have to...

Yes im going to by Intel,
Yes i will even pay 250US Dollar for a mobo (Abit IT7 MAX2 its about those money over here in sweden)

Why? I like Intel and the good thing about having two manafacturors is that you get a CHOISE!!

Right?
Good, I hope that is the end... Or atleast for now.

Take care, And have a Nice Day!

B!

-=Mr_B=- said:
I dont know why.. But i feel i have to...

Yes im going to by Intel,
Yes i will even pay 250US Dollar for a mobo (Abit IT7 MAX2 its about those money over here in sweden)

Why? I like Intel and the good thing about having two manafacturors is that you get a CHOISE!!

Right?
Good, I hope that is the end... Or atleast for now.

Take care, And have a Nice Day!

B!

what? buying intel? what's the matter with you? lol, but seriously, a friend almost has be convinced to get one of those 1.8a's hmmm, then i too will have a choice...right here in my home. ya know, those p4's kick-ash in gaming from what i hear.

man, i'll never regret this amd system i'm using now though:burn: :burn: :burn:

ssprncvegeta said:
hmm... amd would make a killing if they could just have money to make their processors faster and in a timely manner w/o less delays

if you want to reply to a specific post, just click .."quote" under that specific post, so we know who you are responding to.

and i see you set up your sig too. good going.:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back