• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Selective ZIP file encryption?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

I am not sure this exists, and thus I am not sure if this should go in the programming section or in the OS section, could also go in the security section... alas :L

What I am looking for is a program that creates zip files which only allows certain programs to access the files within. If any other program attemps to open, extract, etc the zip file, it gets blocked from accessing it. The reason I can't use a conventional encrypted zip file is because a program I have opens the zip file with no way of dealing with encrypted zip files. I want the zip file to appear like a normal zip file to a few select programs so it does not have any troubles/errors when opening it, but if any other program attempts to access it - block like a normal encrypted zip. (including Windows File Explorer)

Does this exist? Or do I have to find another method of selectively allowing access to zip files?

Back