• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's Massive NF7-S 2.0 BIOS Vault

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think I've got it working alright now, I'll need to check when I get home. It's been priming @ 225x10 since last night. What does APIC mode do? I've got it disabled still. Thanks for your help, the more I mess with my computer, the more I'm realizing I don't know as much as I thought I did.

first off sorry for the large pics. i don't know why they won't resize.

nice quote on APIC
It gives you more access to irqs shared irqs etc
If it is disabled you may find that you don't have enough resources for everything ;)

you must reinstall windows if you change this setting. if memory serves me disabled gives better OC in some cases.

I really can't believe this thread is still going. However, I feel the need to say farewell. I've moved on to A64, and it is good. I had a great 2 years with my NF7-S and 2500+-M, and thanks to this thread, I learned a whole lot. Job well done. :)

jiggamanjb said:
you must reinstall windows if you change this setting. if memory serves me disabled gives better OC in some cases.

oh really? Oops, it's been off then on then off then on, because each bios I've flashed to seems to have different default settings. I failed prime at 235 after 10 minutes and 230 after about an hour. Nuts.

How accurate are the mobo's voltage readings? Should I be worried that my 12v reading drops down to 11.73 under load? I think my PSU should be pretty stable, but I am pushing 2.0v to the core right now. I guess if i take it apart again to do the L12 mod, I'll try to raise the pots in my PSU too.

I find my voltage reading extremely accurate, but you should use a DMM just to make sure.

I wouldn't worry that you drop to 11.73. That is still within the tolerances. It wouldn't hurt to turn it up though. I was pushing over 2v to my 2100+ for 2yrs, so just watch your temps and throw whatever voltage at it you want.

Are you still running your BH5 at 3.3v? And what is your chipset voltage? I would make sure that those two things are stable.

yeah, the BH-5 is reading 3.36-3.33, the chipset is @ 1.7 in bios, can't remember of mbm5 shows that voltage or not. My chipset used to get really hot when I had a passive cooler on it, but I put a 40mm fan on the sink and it's nice and cool now. I was wondering if my weak spot is my NB, but I don't know of any to find out.
I know the RAM is capable of pretty high speeds, I bought it from g0dm@n a few months ago, but it was flakey @ 2.9v in my board. I think my memory controller may be the trouble.

Try using a divider ( for testing only ). Give it like a 6/3 ( fsb/RAM ) and drop your multi way down. This way your memory and CPU are both out of the question. Then test your fsb speeds, this will isolate the chipset as the only component running at that high fsb. You may have to flash to a stock BIOS to enable the use of the divider.

well, no matter what voltage I give the CPU, it doesn't seem to be able to do 220 FSB. I must have reached the max of the mobo, because I could hit 215 on 1.7v. I'll look into better cooling for my NB and try to sink the back of the mosfets when I take the system apart again. I see a L12 mod in my future.

Sup guys... So last night I played more with my NF7 and ended up finally mounting it into a case.

Mods I've finally finished:
  • the vbt/vtt=vref mod (from 3-in-1 dirty punk)
  • vdd booster mod (from 3-in-1 dirty punk)
  • chipset pencil mod for another .24v
  • all vcore mosfets sinked (and vdimm mosfet)
  • PLL chips sinked (which I never thought did much)
  • amd k6 HSF epoxied onto the NB chipset
  • small HSF epoxied onto the SB chipset
  • L12 mod
  • OCZ DDR Booster (instead of 3.3v mod - so I can adjust)

The only one that I had left for last night was the chipset pencil mod. I can now max out chipset voltage at 1.94v (1.99v on the other check point), but I don't think I really gained anything. My 2x256 bh5 was doing 240mhz 2-2-2-11 pretty stable at about 3.3v.
Last night I tried 3.55vdimm with my DDR Booster and was able to hit 245mhz 2-2-2 superPi 32M stable. I guess chipset voltage wasn't what my memory bandwidth wanted... maybe my bh5 isn't as good as I thought? :(

I'm aiming for 255-260mhz 2-2-2, but that could just be a longshot. I don't know what else to try but different bioses... I think that's the only choice I have left... unless more chipset voltage - but 1.94v seems fairly high.

I don't think most people have reached FSB this high with such tight timings, but I know it's been done, and so I'm just trying to have some fun with my AXP. :)

it may seem counter-intuitive, but lower chipset voltage actually helped my OC. It didn't make a huge difference, I was failing prime after ~8 hours, lowering it .1v made it fully prime stable. I'd be happy at 245, I think i've maxed my chip out. I had to give it around 1.9v just to hit 220x11

jiggamanjb said:
FYI, I haven't tested them yet, but many have shown improvment over their SATA bus. :)
i wouldn't even know how to test that... i've nevre run a hard drive or bandwidth test in my life... nothing but 3dmark has been done on my end... i'm a no0b. :(

g0dM@n said:
i wouldn't even know how to test that... i've nevre run a hard drive or bandwidth test in my life... nothing but 3dmark has been done on my end... i'm a no0b. :(

LOL, well lets just say it's new and everyone loves new stuff!! :clap:

jiggamanjb said:
Nevermind with these. The guy that made them put a stupid pause disclaimer right in the middle of the boot. 'Press any key to continue' every time you boot up. I'm going to try and integrate it myself.
what the heck... why...

I'm not even gonna flash to it if it does that... no way in heck it's worth a few potential mhz to me to have to deal with that everytime.

Back