• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's Massive NF7-S 2.0 BIOS Vault

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SoBePmp said:
I thought 2-2-2-11 was ideal for TCCD???
It depends on what FSB you're running.

From my gatherings, the average TCCD/5 chip does this:
200-215mhz: 2-2-2-5
216-225mhz: 2-3-2-6
226-235mhz: 2-3-3-6
236-270mhz: 2.5-3-3-7
271-275mhz: 2.5-4-3-7
276-280mhz: 2.5-4-4-8
281-300mhz: 3-4-4-8

Again, these are rough figures I've gathered for an AVERAGE set of TCCD/5... I may be off by a bit, but it'll give you a rough figure.

And remember, when on an NForce2 (NF2) chipset, ALWAYS use tRAS of 11... if not, MAYBE 10.

g0dM@n said:

Again, these are rough figures I've gathered for an AVERAGE set of TCCD/5... I may be off by a bit, but it'll give you a rough figure.

And remember, when on an NForce2 (NF2) chipset, ALWAYS use tRAS of 11... if not, MAYBE 10.

looks to be right on!! nice summary godman

g0dM@n said:

Nice info

Hey just incase anyone still reads this i got myself 2gb of Corsair xms pc4000.
boots and benchmarks at 250fsb outa the box but im getting errors in memtest at the end of test 5

tryed bumping mem and chipset voltage and its not rly helped. i may try another bios see if that gets me anywhere, if anyone has any ideas feel free to reply :p

DrSpanky said:
Hey just incase anyone still reads this i got myself 2gb of Corsair xms pc4000.
boots and benchmarks at 250fsb outa the box but im getting errors in memtest at the end of test 5

tryed bumping mem and chipset voltage and its not rly helped. i may try another bios see if that gets me anywhere, if anyone has any ideas feel free to reply :p
Wow, that's gonna be VERY tough, man... the NF2 memory controller already has a very rough time handling high bandwidth on anything above 2x256... When I run 2x512, I'm always disabled CPC (running 2T instead of 1T).

If you want to run 2x1gb, you may want to try the pencil voltmod... it's SO EASY to do. All you need is a #2 pencil, and some elec tape to cover it. I would also suggest having a DMM (Digital Multi-Meter) handy.

Let me know if you're interested, and if you don't know where to find out how to do it, I can explain it to you.

Without a doubt, on 2gb, you will for SURE need a CPC-off bios... guaranteed.

Cant remember what it defaulted to but there ment to be 3,4,4,8. i poped on that bios now jigga and that didnt sort it.

godman pencil mod to do what?

and if any if u have and mod suggestions im putting in into a new case and fitting watercooling again after the problem with my maze 3, so that will give me a chance to do some mods. im planning on making a cooler that will cover all the cpu voltage regulators and have a nice copper heatsink for the NB i will also be slapping some sinks on anything that seems to be a bit hot...

I didn't think that it would. I can boot to almost 250 and bench, but it isn't stable at all. The NF7 really hates high fsb without any mods. Usually that BIOS will help people break the mid 200, but you are already past that. Here is that vdd mod - linky. Talk it over with godman too.

edit: the average max is about 255

Now this is what I'm talkin about!!! Good find, jigga...

The pencil mod is a breeze, man. I was able to kick up to ~1.95v on the chipset by doing it. There's 2 (two) VDD measuring points... one read 1.94 and the other read 1.99v if I recall correctly. To this day, I don't think anyone knows which is the more exact reading. In any case, it's a nice kick up with just a pencil mod... .25-.30v.

Jigga... your load temp in the winter is 15c, according to your sig... eh??

Spanky, the pencil mod MIGHT help your memory controller work better with getting higher bandwidth (either tighter timings or higher FSB).

Remember, you're on a mobile... first thing's first... run 1:1 with a low multi, and see how far your ram will go at CPC OFF. Just make sure your vcore isn't TOO low cuz that MAY affect FSB also since you're running 1:1.

just so happens i have a 10k pot around so i may as well do it when i swap the case. even if it dont help i can always take it off.

ive been running it at stock speed while ive been using a normal heatsink. but had the vcore at 1.5 to allow for extra cpu speed when trying different fsbs
as of the moment ive been trying 8 x 250

my northbridge likes a lower 1.4v when i use tighter timings. i get mem test errors at anything higher. if u r going to take everyting apart i suggest u should lap the northbridge. wish i would have, i had to use so much thermal paste just to bridge the gap.

g0dM@n said:
Jigga... your load temp in the winter is 15c, according to your sig... eh??

Yup, I duct out-side with a duct fan from home depot through 4in duct pushing the air into my case. I have to leave f@h running all winter or else the water will freeze. I have a couple screenshots floating around somewhere.....

lithker said:
my northbridge likes a lower 1.4v when i use tighter timings. i get mem test errors at anything higher. if u r going to take everyting apart i suggest u should lap the northbridge. wish i would have, i had to use so much thermal paste just to bridge the gap.

good idea ^^ i replacing the heatsink so a bit of lapping wont hurt

Yup, I duct out-side with a duct fan from home depot through 4in duct pushing the air into my case. I have to leave f@h running all winter or else the water will freeze. I have a couple screenshots floating around somewhere.....

dont u get condensation at them kinda temps?

Nope, it basically cools my whole case and some of the basement, so I have a heater to keep me warm and everything else cool :)

got all my watercooling setup 2 day.. and its not been a good day...

leak from a join on my pump and got the incorrect barbs for my rad >.< so tryed using the ones from my old waterblock and that leaked so tomorow i need to find somewhere local to get some barbs or wait till next week to order some more :/

but hey crap happens. on the plus i laped the NB and fitted a copper heatsink and ive ordered a nice chicken vindaloo *licks lips*

Hi,
Still looking for my BIOS disk. If anyone has files plz let me know. Email them to me and I will host them here.

Hi, I've removed the links in your post. Please refrain from posting them again.
S-N (Forum Moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back