• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's Massive NF7-S 2.0 BIOS Vault

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here is D27 Taipan CPC OFF with 4276 SATA BIOS. I did it myself and it is working fine.

Attachments

• D27 Taipan CPC OFF with 4276 SATA BIOS.zip
    230.7 KB · Views: 590
Tebore that Trat's D27 is one of the best bios I ever used next to TIC TAC's Black Mantaray D26 2T. One of my favorites. I still run 2 NF7-S V 2.0 everyday but favor the Mantaray. I too use BH-5 on both systems.
I gave up burning up my boards. My last was great with the 3in1 punk but my new Enermax P/S didn't like it. However my older stealth 550 watt didn't have aproblem but it was getting weaker by the day so I pulled the mods and use the new 460watt Enermax. Must be some sensitive sensors that didn't like the mod. Wierd but true. I did finally get the 3in1 mod working but short lived. The gian was not as great as I expected. The good news is I didn't burn the board up and it is still running fine.

jiggamanjb said:
Here is D27 Taipan CPC OFF with 4276 SATA BIOS. I did it myself and it is working fine.

jiggamanjb

I really want to give this bios a run. After I flashed, my LAN didn't work at all. No internet connection. I flashed back and it works again. I thought I read somewhere that the LAN wouldn't work if it was on Optimal settings. What does that mean? I went through every setting in the bios and nothing was set on Optimal.

Please help!

Thanks!
durst

It's disabled in the BIOS by default, so is audio and some other things that are usually needed. I'm not sure why he did this since everyone needs their LAN, but that's how it is.

PS - I was a bit confused 1st time I used it too :confused:

edit: Just to clarify, all you need to do it enable it in the BIOS. It isn't totally disabled.

Last edited:
excellent. Thanks!

I've got it all working now. I didn't see those settings the first time. Had to hunt around a little to get to them. It's weird, but I even notice my computer booting up a little faster now. Well, we'll see how it does.

jiggamanjb said:
It's disabled in the BIOS by default, so is audio and some other things that are usually needed. I'm not sure why he did this since everyone needs their LAN, but that's how it is.

PS - I was a bit confused 1st time I used it too :confused:

edit: Just to clarify, all you need to do it enable it in the BIOS. It isn't totally disabled.
ya... my dfi modded bioses for my ultra-d also disable things like firewire and whatnot...

durst said:
excellent. Thanks!

I've got it all working now. I didn't see those settings the first time. Had to hunt around a little to get to them. It's weird, but I even notice my computer booting up a little faster now. Well, we'll see how it does.

Lemme know how it works for ya!

i have bought some new mem for my nf7s V2 WITH bARTON XP2400:
Kingston hyperx KHX3200ULK2/1G

AFAIK it contains TCCD chips. In dual channel i cannot get sppeds above 410 mhz, or i get blue screens, or even no boot at all.
In single channel, so 1x512Mb i can go as high as 2.48Ghz with mem running at 451 Mhz??
Sticks are tested with memtest, no errors

what am i doing wrong?

Going dual channel and adding another stick of RAM puts more stress on the memory controller. Have you tried a modded BIOS that uses a 2T command rate?

damn, thx for the tip
running great now:
1.jpg

awww i wish i saved my 250x10.5 2-2-2 screenshot...

sandoz, u runnun 2-2-2?... how come ur not using tRAS of 11?

should i? i run at 2.5-3-3-7 now

btw: i don't have the l12 wiremod installed, should i use it to get a little higher?

you should alwaysssssssssss do the L12 mod with an Athlon XP Mobile chip. It can ONLY help from what I know.

I'm sry about ur ram... thought you had BH5... yes, 2.5-3-3 is ideal for TCCD, but you should rather do 2.5-3-3-11 (not -7).

If you run into stability problems at high FSB 1:1, then you should try 2.5-4-3-11, and if it's still unstable, 2.5-4-4-11.

Lastly, rule of thumb for me on the NF7 is if you run 2x512 and wanna push beyond 215-220fsb, you should flash to a CPC-OFF bios. You will not be able to break 220fsb with CPC-ON with 2x512... heck, even 220fsb is hard... took me a while to push that with CPC-ON.

So off the bat, make sure you have:
-L12 Mod
-CPC-OFF Bios
-2.5-3-3-11 timings
-Ram:FSB @ 1:1

Start from there and keep your CPU multi low... until you find a sweetspot for your ram. Don't ONLY try high VDD... sometimes lower VDD does better. You can also try the pencil vmod for higher VDD if you think it'll help.

Give me more info if you can... I may be able to help... lemme know what mods you got, what bios, etc...

since i am running D27 Taipan CPC OFF with 4276 SATA BIOS i get these speeds, before that, i guess with cpc on(can't remember the bios i flaseh a year ago or so) not even 210
Ill try the L12 mod, and see where i get then

edit: just installed the L12 mod, but the cpu seems more instable then before? I could almost reach 2.5 Ghz, but right now i had to go back to 2.3

Last edited:
memory goes as high as 480 Mhz
480.jpg

but i cannot get my CPU past 2400 mhz. I can boot at 2410, but it needs >2V, and i still get errors in windows

i see people here with 2500's at 11x230 at 1.75 volt?

even 500 works:
5002.jpg

but with loose timings

500.jpg

Last edited:
My guess is that your chip just isn't a good performer. I got my 2100+ to 2.4Ghz with 2.1v, but could only do 220fsb, if that helps any.

Maybe undo the L12 mod :confused:

Check here too link

Last edited:
Back