• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sensor Monitoring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flameethrower

Was wondering what the Aux Temp is on this laptop.

Seems to change frequently. Room temp is 80F

I know the Package, IA,GT is part of the Cores and GPU. CHipset false reading never changes. Dim, and ST i know. BUt AUX i have no clue what it is for this Dell Laptop.

Dell Insprion N5050 Core i3-2350m

a0coyg.png.jpg

No idea, could be a million things, and depending how the board maker and the programmer implemented it. 42 C is nothing to worry about though.

Maybe it's the GPU since it's got a monitor next to it?

That is likely a Dell employee as they have an @dell.com email address setup. Whether he is going to be able to help you is to be determined. I haven't seen a single helpful rep that posts on our forums.

That is likely a Dell employee as they have an @dell.com email address setup. Whether he is going to be able to help you is to be determined. I haven't seen a single helpful rep that posts on our forums.

Exactly, If i had problems with the computer I knew was hardware, id of RMA it under warranty to dell and not come here.

I wanted to continue on this, I installed Speed Fan and every sensor is dead on but this one that says Temp5.

No other program shows that sensor and it moves form 50-53C. In speed fan i enabled the dell support box which enabled all sensors on laptop to be read.

Any ideas what it is thats running so hot.

2yyw2vn.png.jpg

It's a laptop? Pretty much all bets are off. Laptop makers do things inside laptops that are outside of normal like a quality desktop mobo.

You should just deal with it, it's a laptop. Does it run fine? Then no worries, it's a laptop, not a performance PC Desktop.

I don't see any temps that would alarm me.

Yes Laptop, figuring its some kind of chip like north or south bridge. Temps on laptop are higher today that normal as turned off the AC in house.

Everything runs fine on it no problems,

Back