• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SENTRY 3 vs MoBo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Synn21588

Registered
So I've got an NZXT SENTRY 3 fan controller that I've used for quite some time now and love it. But I just picked up a Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 and was just wondering if maybe letting the mobo control the fans would be better for cooling.

Thoughts?

What fans are you using, include the model number please, and where are they placed in the case?

Full system specs for the cooling will help also.

What fans are you using, include the model number please, and where are they placed in the case?

Full system specs for the cooling will help also.

Lepa AquaChanger 240 with dual SP120 High Performance fans at the top. Rear exhaust fan, bottom intake, two front intake fans. All the other fans are Cooler Master Sickle flows, unsure which model off the top of my head

Since you have, what appears to be, all 3-pin fans it'll be harder to truly control them.
In this case I would keep them on the fan controller.

If you go to PWM fans sometime it would be much easier to control with the motherboard because you could run them from a single temperature curve and one fan header via a powered splitter.

Back